Aquarium Decorations.

I have just realised I forgot about the sections of drainpipe in my main tank. I have peacock gudgeons which like to spawn in tight places, and narrow plastic pipes are ideal for them. In my defence, they are covered with slate to weight them down :)

Apparently I'm the odd one out. I have very eclectic tastes, and like unusual decorations. I also like plastic plants. This is my 20 and my 65. Neither have a theme other than weird. I wonder how many others are secretly like me. Okay, I'm ready for the hatestorm.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 65_001.jpg
    65_001.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 124
I care-take a tank for someone, so I don't get much of a say in the decor, so there is a castle, a small boat and a fake rock cave. However, each one has a function as the fish can hide in all of them if they wish. I did insist on lots of live plants, which are growing out nicely.

My daughter has a betta tank and being 12 years old, she's all about the decor, so that tank is pretty eclectic.

But I now have my own tank (birthday present last week) and apart from the white resin skull, it's many slate, driftwood and plants. Again, the skull serves a purpose because the fish can use it as a cave.
I definitely prefer natural things like rocks and wood, but I'm not opposed to quirky or oddball decor either.

Attachments

• birthday-tank-small.jpg
    birthday-tank-small.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 99
I have a Penn Plax castle in my 55 gallons tank. It's an amazing product and it makes my aquarium looks unbelievably beautiful. Fish have ample opportunity to move around the crevices and lots of hiding spots for the fry. The only problem is with the sharp edges on the inside of the castle. I had to use a nail file to scrub these edges so that my fish remain safe while swimming around the inside.

Last edited:
My Tiki Head ornament is my Betta's bedroom. He sleeps in there at night and comes out when the lights come on in the morning.
4e4a01e0-28d8-422b-b13a-a24d10c97f09-jpeg.93022
I used to have a cave for my old betta, he really liked it. :good:

I have two tanks that are natural but I still like my LOTR castle tank and it is my granddaughters favorite. I like to see well done decorated tanks, Old Roman or Greek buildings or castles are fine. Just as long as the tank is not full of all sorts of junk that looks like a yard sale.

Attachments

• GEDC1311.JPG
    GEDC1311.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 38
I care-take a tank for someone, so I don't get much of a say in the decor, so there is a castle, a small boat and a fake rock cave. However, each one has a function as the fish can hide in all of them if they wish. I did insist on lots of live plants, which are growing out nicely.

My daughter has a betta tank and being 12 years old, she's all about the decor, so that tank is pretty eclectic.

But I now have my own tank (birthday present last week) and apart from the white resin skull, it's many slate, driftwood and plants. Again, the skull serves a purpose because the fish can use it as a cave.
I definitely prefer natural things like rocks and wood, but I'm not opposed to quirky or oddball decor either.
I was looking at this exact skull cave..if it was a tad smaller, I would have bought!

I have 3 all-natural tanks (rocks, wood, plants), and a small one with a couple of toy caves. I would have gone all natural with this one, too, but couldn't find a natural "cave" that would fit.
It's a matter of preference, I think. Some want to mimic the natural habitats of the fish, some don't. If the decor doesn't endanger the inhabitants, it's cool. :)

@Fishmanic, you stole my line what ever rocks your boat. Like it much better with live plants tho. Just don't get plastic plants. Unless you use them in a cichlid tank as a football for them to play with.

Apparently I'm the odd one out. I have very eclectic tastes, and like unusual decorations. I also like plastic plants. This is my 20 and my 65. Neither have a theme other than weird. I wonder how many others are secretly like me. Okay, I'm ready for the hatestorm.

No hate storm at all, personally I don’t mind fake decor at all.

Have seen tanks with pink gravel, fake plants and plastic decor everywhere, not my cup of tea but the keepers loves it, who am I to question other people tastes, as long as they love it and look after their livestock well then I love it too........somewhat! :lol:

I have acquired a fun sunken submarine for my sons betta tank that I will eventually get up and running one day and he would like a spongebob decor, drew the line at that but relented to let him have some “Finding Nemo” characters :lol:

One of the coolest fake decor, real popular is fake sand waterfalls that comes down rocks or castles, easily done with some fine sand and an airpump.

Lots of tutorials on how to do this online.

Most reactions

Back