Aquaray Led Lighting

jaylam

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just ordered some to replace my t5's, anyone here use them?

Got any pics, vids or links to reviews.

Ive got four on my tank - two whites and two blues along with 2 x t5 tubes, as you know my tank is five foot - and it is certainly enough light for my softies. I must admit would like a bit more pink/red in the tank, but have a concern about changing one of the tubes to a pink rather than marine white.

I use the blues as moonlights as well :good:

So turn off t5s, leave for an hour then off go the aquaray whites and the blues stay on till I go to bed :good: Very little heat from the rays and I really like the glitter effect

Ive got four on my tank - two whites and two blues along with 2 x t5 tubes, as you know my tank is five foot - and it is certainly enough light for my softies. I must admit would like a bit more pink/red in the tank, but have a concern about changing one of the tubes to a pink rather than marine white.

I use the blues as moonlights as well :good:

So turn off t5s, leave for an hour then off go the aquaray whites and the blues stay on till I go to bed :good: Very little heat from the rays and I really like the glitter effect

so you recommend them.

Well I have order just 2 white at the moment (the aquaray duo) and next month will get the blue. I then plan on removing the t5's completely as I only have softies at the moment. Then I plan on getting some more aquarays so I will have 8 strips in total, will that be ok for keepin other corals?

I have a 4ft tank.

TBH I dont know - I would think yes, the four I have along with the t5s is fine for my last anemone, it hasnt lost any colour, so assume from that, that euphyllias etc would also be fine. Jay I would be very tempted though to buy a remote ballast, so you can have two or even one t5 tube so that you have the option of adding a warmer colour such as pink/purple - you could use the juwel bar to mount it

TBH I dont know - I would think yes, the four I have along with the t5s is fine for my last anemone, it hasnt lost any colour, so assume from that, that euphyllias etc would also be fine. Jay I would be very tempted though to buy a remote ballast, so you can have two or even one t5 tube so that you have the option of adding a warmer colour such as pink/purple - you could use the juwel bar to mount it

Well im going to mount 2 aquaray duo on the front lid that comes off, one aquaray duo on the back lid so I will have 4 led strips in total then the crap juwel I bar im going to mod and put in just 1 t5 with an external control unit.

Yep, thats a good plan, but you may as well put in two :good:

I have two of my aquarays on the lid - it isnt that successful - I think it needs a brace bar, maybe it would better on a smaller one, but I suspect not, let me know how you get on, I would very interested

I will do, I'm just getting one this month because my tattooist will be acquiring most of my money this month so will have to get the blue aquaray next month. In a way that works out well because it gives my fish and coral time to adjust to the new light

Finishing my right arm then I'm having tattoo break for a while

never thought it was so expensive :crazy:

Would you want to trust a cheap tatooist fishy :hyper:.
Aquarays are amazing, they run a few at my LFS and the corals look great under them. Little bit pricey for my tastes but i may switch over slowly but surely. Nice tatoo's, don't know why but i find the idea of other fish fanatics with tatoo's odd.

I'm quite tempted to try and build my own LED light setup. As you can buy the cree LEDs they use in aquarays.

never thought it was so expensive :crazy:

Would you want to trust a cheap tatooist fishy :hyper:.
Aquarays are amazing, they run a few at my LFS and the corals look great under them. Little bit pricey for my tastes but i may switch over slowly but surely. Nice tatoo's, don't know why but i find the idea of other fish fanatics with tatoo's odd.

I'm quite tempted to try and build my own LED light setup. As you can buy the cree LEDs they use in aquarays.

I know what you mean, its like thinking the surgeon that's about to operate on you having a full back piece tattoo.

Well thats what im doing, they are to expensive to buy the amount I require at once so I will try and get a due each month until I have about 8 strips in total (4 white 4 blue) then I can stop using the t5 and start saving some cash on the electricity and tube replacements.

Most reactions

Back