Aquaqube

I have to admire your aquascaping bottle!

I love the rocks, but my only concern is that you are going to lose the two smaller rocks, particularly the flat rock on the right, which looks doomed. IMO, you are going to need all three on view to keep some kind of balance. Lovely, healthy looking plants, though.

Dave.

Yes I think your right Dave! but rather than make alterations at this stage this little scape has been going long enough that it will soon be time for a change! every aquascape is a real learning curve and this is one of only four attempts at the 'Planted' aquarium for me. Im pleased with how its turned out but do take your point ( and all those that mentioned it before) about the hardscaping. I appreciate every ones comments as i am keen to improve upon what ive acheived so far.

pfk_pics_015compressed.jpg

b.brigittae_008compressed.jpg

Looking good planter 8)

The design gives me a sense of the mountains. Its very nice, and very healthy. The only critique, OK the rocks are not spot on but it works. The main thing is the lack of visible fish. The style of your design really needs a strong group of small shoaling fish, more in the silver color range rather than the pink/red ( not sure what they are ) just to help animate the picture.
Thats me giving a critique that I hope will help more in the future rather than the present.

Regards,
Graeme.

Hey Moody! Thanks for leaving a comment. Your opinion is always welcome! Yes it does appear to be a mountain peak, I was rather aiming for that effect when i chose the sky picture for the background, trying to imitate a landscape rather than an aquascape. The little guys are Bororas Brigittae. Their always out at the front of the tank but you know how it is whenever you take a picture their gone!!! I have 8 of them in the 25 litre aquaqube which is sufficient in real life to add the movement required. Maybe the Red is a little to 'in ya face' will consider it in future!

Hemianthus Calitrichoides! It the little foreground plant.

Well today i picked up pfk to find this little aquascape got a 'highly commended' in the aquascaping contest and a picture published! very satisfying.

A nice ending to a really enjoyable little tank.

Congrats!

I must say, its a fantastic looking tank :) Something for the rest of us to aspire too! Got any more plans or are you maintaining it as it is?

Thanks Dev !

The pic published was the tank at its best!

It has now been dismantled but as Soon as I get the time ill try something different.

hi planted i got the same tank what size is yours mines unnominal 40l and im using an 18watt light wat bout u

I know I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination - lol - but in one thread people seemed to be discouraging people from copying a certain style and to have more individuality yet here is someone doing that and this seems to be wrong? As a noob I don't understand... I can, although, see if this was an iwagumi style the rock is too big... Please feel free to inform me!

I like the fact this scape is different, I'm sure it was a great feature in your house, I would be immensly proud if I managed to create something like this. :good:

hi planted i got the same tank what size is yours mines unnominal 40l and im using an 18watt light wat bout u

Its the superfish aquaqube 25 (25 litre) as offered on a pfk subscription offer. It came supplied with an 11 watt lamp but I added a second 11 watt. I took the foam out of the included filter and just used it for circulation adding an Aquaone hang on filter which was a bit more managable.

Most reactions

Back