Aquaclear Powerhead 70

Phage

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
It says for 40-70 gallons with max 400gph output
Is it any good?

I bought one so I was wondering. It was on sale for 29.99 from 49.99 but I was only charged a penny :lol:

They're awesome. Best powerhead I've ever used.
Its a hagen product. Need I say more?

You shlu look into getting a "quickfilter" attachment for it. Great for buffing when you add filterfloss or quilt batting media.

So you like it? Glad to hear it is good.
I'm not sure if my angelfish like it too much. If they had hats they would be holding them on their heads. Haha. My plants are waving in the wind as well. Perhaps it is too strong? I have a 55gal tank.

Lol, yeah it might be a bit much. I use them on 6 and 8 foot tanks in addition to my filtration.

lol. I will leave it on the lowest setting and let things settle for a bit and see what happens. Thank you :lol:

I've run the AquaClear powerheads, as well as filters, to within an inch of their death. Abuse would be more like it. They hold up unbelievably well, outlasting similar gear from different manufacturers every time.

I bought one so I was wondering. It was on sale for 29.99 from 49.99 but I was only charged a penny laugh.gif

:lol: that's what happened to me!! i got it at petsmart last week and i went again today but they fixed the error :p

They're awesome. Best powerhead I've ever used.
Its a hagen product. Need I say more?
I don't know how Hagen production standards have changed over the years but I've been running the same AquaClear 70 (402) power head nonstop for over 18 years. Not too bad eh? :cool:

word. i have been running some of my ac110 hob's for 8 years, and as impressive as i thought that was, i know people who have been running them for 20. :hyper:

Most reactions

Back