Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont like them

• they are terrible

• never had one

• Total voters
I got it!!! I tried to put it together with common sense, which didnt work out well. I just poured the bio-stuff on the media. Man did i feel stupid when i decided to read the direction's! I made it right, adn now it is working well! A very Nice current. My fish decided they were goign to make up a game called, who can swim against the current! They will literally line up, dart in front of the filter output, and then try to make it as far as they can to the spray bar! They love it, and it has cleaned my tank up nicely! I decided to add the carbon, becasue the one sick fish( that i know of) died, and i scouped it out, and i am too lazy to mess witht he filter again. How long should i leave the other fitler on, before the new filter can catch up on the bio-load?

AC filters rock, I used to run them before I converted all my filtration to air powered. Being in a breeding setup, they got plenty of use/abuse.

I ran the AC 50/200's on 29's, with extended intakes. I did 50% water changes with them running all the time. They kept running, other filters choke.

Run them together for at least 3 weeks, a month is better. The 70 is overkill for that size tank, I have a pair of them running on a 72 gallon, along with an Eheim canister. It needs it with an oscar & a large plec.

I'm running the Aqua 30 on my 10g and the Aqua 50 on my 20g. Both have Aqua 20 sponges on the intakes with double sponges inside. Just cut a slit into the sponge longways and slip it over the intake. I never use the carbon.

If you cover the intake, be careful to clean the covering object off every so often or it will clog and ruin your lovely new water flow :). If you want the sponge there to keep its beneficial bacteria you can just rinse it carefully in tank water (I prefer taking out some tank water in a pitcher and rinsing it there so the gunk doesn't go back into the tank, but you can just as easily shake it around in your tank itself.

Thank's, i dont plan on any sponges on the intake for now!!!!!! I do clean fishtank material like that, so i ddont lose any bacteria!!!!!!!

The sponge over the intake doesn't exactly look great, but it does keep smaller fish and fry from getting sucked in. It also acts as a pre-filter. It doesn't seem to affect the flow any to boot.

Most reactions

Back