Aquabid Purchase!(Update)Dividing Tank

bm0589

Reaction score
today i bought a pair of halfmoon bettas off of aquabid they are AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL! ......its my first time buying a fish from aquabid and on the internet in general....im soo excited and cant wait to get them but am wondering if anyone has ever purchased off of the site before?????.....im just not sure of the process....does anyone know how long it usually takes to ship overseas...im in australia....i just hope its not long....not for my sake...but for the fishes.....i feel bad ordering from the internet cause i could imagine how stressful it is for them but the selection of bettas here is shocking!!!! aswell i am looking for ideas on how i should decorate their tanks....if anyone has any unique ideas or pictures that would be great....i just have a very simple basic setup and want something a bit more creative and eye catching!!! if anyone has any info or suggestions or personal experiences it would be muchly appreciated!!!! ahhhh im sooo excited!!!!!!! lol

oops forgot to add some picture of my handsome new man.....i will add a photo of his girlfriend asap!!!
fwbettashm1258130142.jpg

dsc01669c.jpg

dsc01670v.jpg

he is STUNNING !

oh my god i am so jealous lol, when i get some i want a halfmoon. i can't show you my set up as its still a working in progress!

show us your tank and we can say what you need :D

thank you!!! i fell madly in love with him when i saw him!!!! i cant wait to get him home!!!! well i had bettas when i was a kid, just in a simple tank with rocks and ornaments...no filter....no heater....but as ive grown up i want to take a bit better care....i have a sponge filter but not a heater. do you think both a heater and a filter are needed to keep them perfectly healthy????? i have just a small tank for a single fish but im trying to figure out ways to incorporate a few of them in one tank using tank dividers....ive been doing some research and am now about to buy a larger tank and divide it off and slowly fill it with beauties such as this guy ive just purchased.....i have a tank already established that i can keep him in the meantime.... ill post a picture of him in his home when i get him!!!

shes going to be in a separate tank until i have succesfully divided the larger tank then i will have both male and female in the same tank but separated. im thinking just some mesh and the spines of those cheao folder things...from what ive seen they seem to work the best and look the cleanest......ive seen ppl use glass and silicon but it just doesnt look tidy enough for my liking...aswell as then i would have to have a filter and heater for eachone....wich i dont want to have to do.....when i do start dividing my tank i will keep an update on here.....i cant wait to see it all finished with my new beautiful fish!!! im soo excited!!!!

oh and how are you dividing your tank?!!?!? might help me out!! lol!!!

that is pretty much exactly what i am looking at doing with the folderslides etc.....ill keep an eye on your thread to see how you go and when i start dividing mine i will post my progress on here aswell!!!

Wow - is he really the amazing orange he looks to be?
I'm sure I read only a few weeks ago that real orangey oranges were hard come by (rather than peach or redish orange).

wow i didnt know that......the seller i bought him from has an amazing feedback score and everyone has commented that his fish are beautiful so im hoping from his track record that the picture of my little man is pretty acurate......i didnt know orange was hard to find.....i bought his female sibling so maybe ill have a try at spawning them.....i fell madly inlove with him the moment i saw him cause i had never seen anyone like him.....when i gewt him ill post pictures to show if he really is as prange as he looks!!!!!

He's gorgeous! I can't wait to see his girlfriend! :D Are you planning on breeding them?

well i bought both just incase i want to try it...i love the girls just as much as the boys so i didnt think twice about getting her......i would love to breed them...ill see how i go.......im just really confused about the entire process of aquabid....ive bought the fish but im soo confused about the shipping....does anyone know how it works and what im meant to do........i cant find any solid information!!! thanks!!!!

he is stunning and the female should be just as lovely

thankyou!!!i sure hope she is as spectacular as he appears to be.... ill post pictures up of the 2 the second they are home and settled in......im going to go buy their tank this week and start dividing it........so its ready by the time they get here...im assuming it wont be for a couple weeks so i should have time.....my boyfriend and i are planning that we will buy a 240 litre tank and move our fish that are currently in our 90 litre community tank into the 240 litre tank.....and then divide off the 90 litre for my bettas (you may have figure out by now that i fully intend on purchasing more) ahahaha.....i did a bit of math and figured i could probably divide the 90 litre (24 gallons approx) into 6 sections so that each fish has just under 5 gallons...does that sound accurate???/ lol im hopeless at math......if anyone has suggestions that would be great.....aswell im wondering about sand as my substrate for my bettas???? can i use sand for them?!?!?! ive seen many people use it but didnt know if it is ok for them.....i paid alot of money for these bettas and i am already madly in love with them and dont want to make any mistakes!

Most reactions

Back