Aps Ef2000 Filter Spray Bar Problem

My 1400 is very silent and I have had absolutely no problems with it.

The reason the spraybar was awkward was you had set it up wrong, not that the product was poorly designed. The connections are that strong and can fracture easily but what do you really expect for an external filter for £50, when the competition is selling the equivalent for well over £100.

The reason the spraybar was awkward was you had set it up wrong, not that the product was poorly designed. The connections are that strong and can fracture easily but what do you really expect for an external filter for £50, when the competition is selling the equivalent for well over £100.

I found no other way to connect the pipes properly. If the way it is setup now is the "correct" way then yes, I would class it as a bad design. It is loose, really loose. I'm overall happy with it, mines pretty silent, my air pump makes more noise. Just don't know what your supposed to do with what's available at the spray bar end.

Dont forgot mate if your spray bar is under water you could just leave it off and just have the l shape bend like a drain pipe

I found no other way to connect the pipes properly. If the way it is setup now is the "correct" way then yes, I would class it as a bad design. It is loose, really loose. I'm overall happy with it, mines pretty silent, my air pump makes more noise. Just don't know what your supposed to do with what's available at the spray bar end.

Use the Shepherds crook think attach the outflow hose to the back of it, then literally connect a right angle piece so now the flow of water that would come out would be parallel with the water level, then just attach the spray bar pipe and use the suckers to place it on.

What you've done in that picture has confused the life out of me, my spray bar only used like 2 pieces which was the right angle piece and the spraybar pipe.

Edit:

Wow full of spelling mistakes.

Anyway I'll try to be clearer, Take your spray bar apart, find a right angled piece and the spray bar pipe. Connect the right angled piece to the shepherds crook shaped plastic piping then attach the spray bar pipe to the right angled piece. That should have your spray bar set up.

Edit: The picture has only just loaded for me, yeh your second picture is correct. However I would mess around with the different fitting pieces I found like what you said they were some what loose but it solved my problem whe nI changed them round.

I have the 2000. My spray bar is set up the same, goes one way then the other. All i hear is a very faint hum and it is in my bedroom. I also dont have it in the cabinet as mine is to low. I have emailed twice and had a response the same day so very happy with them. Even going to buy skimmer and powerheads from them for a new marine set up!

So I was laying in bed last night, thinking about nothing, and then bam! it hit me! haha I figured out how this pipe goes together! Can't believe I couldnt figure this out the first 3 times, it isn't exactly a rubics cube lol. Anyway, seems I may not be the only one. Heres how it SHOULD look!

IMG_0665.JPG

Why the U ben though, my spray bar plugs into the the 1st right angle bend from the output tight as a ducks....aheemmm :blush: :blush: :blush:

So I was laying in bed last night, thinking about nothing, and then bam! it hit me! haha I figured out how this pipe goes together! Can't believe I couldnt figure this out the first 3 times, it isn't exactly a rubics cube lol. Anyway, seems I may not be the only one. Heres how it SHOULD look!

IMG_0665.JPG

Yes that is how it is supposed to be put together :) I was resisting the urge to skip to the reply button before reading the whole thread, and now I see you've figured it out for yourself! I made my own spray bar from garden irrigation system hosing, and it now fits directly onto the L piece that comes from the shepherds crook, but because of the way it is now I have to have a piece of wood propping the shepherds crook up otherwise mine would also be halfway down the tank! :lol: (pictures in my journal if you are interested)

Most reactions

Back