Aps Ef2000 Filter Spray Bar Problem

leecasey

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi I have my external filter set up. It comes with a spray bar but due to the pipework connecting the spray bar it ends up ~200mm below the surface of the water. This gives me hardly any surface agitation at all. I've tried removing parts of the pipe but it doesn't seem to connect together any other way.

Anyone else got this filter and know what I'm talking about? Any solutions?

Thanks

have you added any extra parts to it Lee?

it should just attatch to the 'L' connection and then the Shepheards crook, it deffo shouldn't be that far under the water. Got any pics?

have you added any extra parts to it Lee?

it should just attatch to the 'L' connection and then the Shepheards crook, it deffo shouldn't be that far under the water. Got any pics?

No parts added, I have the L connection and then the Shepheards crook, what is that part for by the way? I see no purpose for it. This is the section I tried to remove but it wouldnt fit together without it. I've got the mother in law over at the moment and shes sleeping in the room with the tank so I cant go take a pic until morning lol.

Heres a couple of pic of mine...
crook2.jpg

crook1.jpg

Mine is the 1000 model, I am sure they are exactly the same outlet systems.

Heres a couple of pic of mine...
crook2.jpg

crook1.jpg

Mine is the 1000 model, I am sure they are exactly the same outlet systems.

Hi managed to get a pic. Thanks for taking the time and effort to upload yours. Mine clearly seems different. I will try removing the pipes that I dont need again but im pretty sure they didnt connect due to size differences before. Any idea why I have these extra parts?
IMG_0655.JPG

I also have this filter and am in the process of sending it back for replacement due to noise levels. Is yours loud?

As for your issue I managed to fit the spray bar like ianho, however the spray bar didn't sit tight in the vertical piece so I used the suction cups to place the spray bar where I wanted it and then just sat the vertical piece inside it.

I notice they are highly recommended on this forum but from my experience the pipe work is very poor quality and the 2000 in particular is SO LOUD. Had it in our living room and you could hear it just over the TV. I'm now using a Eheim 2213 on my Roma 125L which is far quieter but has 1/4 the lph. The extra lph of the 2000 would have been nice but not at the price of such a racket.

I had the same problem, i just removes one of the bends, one fits the other dosent

I will take it apart again and have another look! thanks Al!

By the way my filter is almost silent? I am a 1.5m away from it at the moment and I can't even tell if its running. I did have a bit of air in one of the bends on the hosing at first which made an awful lot of noise but once that was sorted its a very quiet hum.

I had the same problem, i just removes one of the bends, one fits the other dosent

By the way my filter is almost silent? I am a 1.5m away from it at the moment and I can't even tell if its running. I did have a bit of air in one of the bends on the hosing at first which made an awful lot of noise but once that was sorted its a very quiet hum.

Couldn't get mine quiet at all. It also leaked when tilted 45 degrees so I think it may have been slightly defective. We will have to see when the new one arrives :)

looking at from here (work) can you swival the 1st bend to point at the spray bar and connect direct,removing 2 bends, iforegt without having the bits at hand

Right I've taken it completely apart..

there was only one part which would connect to the spray bar. So that piece has to stay where it is. There is only one piece which connects to the supply pipe, so that stays. In between that there were two elbows, which are identical, but different from the one that fits to the spray bar. So I tried removing the 2 identical elbows but the connection between the spray bar elbow and the other straight connection is very loose. However, I resisted super gluing it (toxic?), and left it loose, due to the suckers support the bar and the pressure downwards from the supply pipe it seems to stay in place, its under water so leaks are not a problem. It's much higher now and I have better agitation.

Thanks all for the tips, pics and advice! :)

IMG_0657.JPG

Should it come to it ( dont think it's needed) you can use fish tank sealent,super glue and theres even pvc water proof plubmers tape

Should it come to it ( dont think it's needed) you can use fish tank sealent,super glue and theres even pvc water proof plubmers tape

Mine's exactly like yours is now, loose and everything, but it's never came out of it's own accord.

I'm disappointed with the filter. It was highly recommended on here and has poor pipe work and is not at all quiet.

Mine's exactly like yours is now, loose and everything, but it's never came out of it's own accord.

I'm disappointed with the filter. It was highly recommended on here and has poor pipe work and is not at all quiet.

Agree 100%, Like I said I have contacted the company and they maintain that it should be "almost silent". Problem with that statement is its so subjective. Ones mans "almost silent" may not be anothers. Anyway I have asked them to send me another one and I'll return this to test if it's a problem with the filter or if this is just how they are. They have reluctantly agreed to do this.

One more comment about Allpondsolution is how they use their phone service, they have a number that always goes though to answer machine instructing to contact them by email for any problems or leave phone details for sale enquires. It took me over a week to manage to speak with someone over the phone where I could explain the problem much easier. Would not use or recommend in future.

The saying you get what you pay for springs to mind.

Agree 100%, Like I said I have contacted the company and they maintain that it should be "almost silent". Problem with that statement is its so subjective. Ones mans "almost silent" may not be anothers. Anyway I have asked them to send me another one and I'll return this to test if it's a problem with the filter or if this is just how they are. They have reluctantly agreed to do this.

One more comment about Allpondsolution is how they use their phone service, they have a number that always goes though to answer machine instructing to contact them by email for any problems or leave phone details for sale enquires. It took me over a week to manage to speak with someone over the phone where I could explain the problem much easier. Would not use or recommend in future.

The saying you get what you pay for springs to mind.

Mine is nothing like silent. It sounds kind of like an airstone.

I was going to pad out the cupboard with foam to quieten it down, but might contact them about it.

I thought a £45 filter that is so highly recommended was too good to be true. Seems it is

Most reactions

Back