Apple Snails Praise

OK. Tom_os.

Temp 25dg C, I have an aquaflow 200 on med with spray bar. Currently using Potozin, one of my platys has some fuzz on his tail, so I'm treating for this. As the egg's are above the waterline, I'm not concerned. I should have said I have 6 Apple snails. I have also got another clutch now, so that's three. Mind you the first clutch is the biggest and then the go down in size. I only witnessed one snail laying, so can't tell who is the others down to. I'm really hoping they will hatch and some will survive. Will update. :good:

Hi Tom. My Apple Snails no longer have the tank to themselves, they now share with a small group of WCMM. But they still have all that algae, pellets and food waste to themselves, so they feed well.

I have one Male and one Female. They have grown considerably bigger in the couple of weeks that I've had them and have laid one clutch of eggs very recently. I will give these back to my LFS as two large specimens are all I want for my tank.

I keep my temperature at 20dg C as I read that they prefer and can survive in lower temps and may do better and live longer under these conditions. That temp also suits my Minnows etc.

Mark.

ok thanks. thats pretty much what i have. im not sure what sexes i have. any easy way to tell.

i know females shells are darker, but there all a bit dark. some are alot darker then others though

Hi Guy's,

I have now 5 clutches of Eggs, no babies yet. As the clutches have been laid, some time apart, They will be hatching at different times. These Apple Snails of mine sure have been busy. The first clutch should be reaching two week's at the end of this week. :shout:

ok thanks. thats pretty much what i have. im not sure what sexes i have. any easy way to tell.

i know females shells are darker, but there all a bit dark. some are alot darker then others though

most if not all snails have both the male and fmale reprodutive organs, therefore if you get two snails in the same tank you will get babies if the water stats are good

Hi Guy's,

I said I would up-date you. The first clutch has starting to hatch, load's of little ones on the go. It must have started overnight as there was nothing when I went to bed. They are the size of a pin head at the moment, if they grow as quick as their parents I should be seeing what colour's I have very soon. If any of you are still interested in some, let me know. I'm a Mummy :shout:

Most reactions

Back