Apple snails or rabbit snails?

October FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jinx_

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, looking for couple weird goofy looking snails for my tank.

Came by apples and rabbits.

I have plants, live plants. I'm worried that both will eat them.

Not dealing with nerite eggs, nope.

I tried white wizard snails, but they didn't last long in my set up... think most of my tanks are slightly acid, & I use RO, & don't mineralize...

MRS. loved our gold mystery snails...

go for apple or mystery snails, they won't harm plants unless hungry and don't breed out of control. If they do lay a cluster of eggs on the coverglass you can easily see ad remove them if you don't want them.

go for apple or mystery snails, they won't harm plants unless hungry and don't breed out of control. If they do lay a cluster of eggs on the coverglass you can easily see ad remove them if you don't want them.
Welp ok. How do I make sure they're not hungry? Are they problematic to feed?

I have nerites in most of my tanks. Never have had eggs on the glass.
I had two, but they died for a random reason. I'm just looking for a different snail.

I might get the mystery snails, but are rabbits good too?

I also have never had rabbit snails, but have been intrigued by the orange ones

Welp ok. How do I make sure they're not hungry? Are they problematic to feed?
They eat anything. Just let some algae grow on the back and or sides of the tank and they will graze on that and eat any leftover fish food. Some people put a sinking pellet/ wafer in the tank a couple of times a week and let the snails eat that. Remove the pellet/ wafer after 30-60 minutes so it doesn't contaminate the water.

They eat anything. Just let some algae grow on the back and or sides of the tank and they will graze on that and eat any leftover fish food. Some people put a sinking pellet/ wafer in the tank a couple of times a week and let the snails eat that. Remove the pellet/ wafer after 30-60 minutes so it doesn't contaminate the water.
That's great! I have tons of shrimps so not worried about excess food. I'll order two later :)

I wanted to buy one golden mystery snail and one "coffee". Guess what? Ended up buying 3 freacken snails... cause the goldens were listed as TWO.

I hate myself.

Most reactions

Back