Votes: 1 3.8%
  • they are nice

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • they are cute

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • they are ugly

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
No, they are unpredictable, every dog is unpredictable.

It's like saying, 'oh he wont bite because he's never bitten anyone before' there's a first for everything, and most people don't know how to properly train a legal dog let alone an illegal one.

A dogs temperament is influenced by 50% genetics and 50% environmental, training it well can't guarantee non-aggressive behaviour.

I'll stick with Cats :p

lol xD

No, they are unpredictable, every dog is unpredictable.

It's like saying, 'oh he wont bite because he's never bitten anyone before' there's a first for everything, and most people don't know how to properly train a legal dog let alone an illegal one.

A dogs temperament is influenced by 50% genetics and 50% environmental, training it well can't guarantee non-aggressive behaviour.

They are no more unpredictabe than any other dog. They have just been the victims of much abuse. Training it correctly cannot guarantee it, but it can slim it down a lot. honestly, i am a heck of a lot more scared of labs than pit bulls.

There's a reason they're banned in this country along with 3 other breeds, and that is because they're on average more aggressive and more unpredictable than most other breeds. Any dog is dangerous in the wrong hands, but more so the Pitbull Terrier, I've seen the damage these dogs can do and it isn't pretty. They're ugly as hell anyway.

They are not "unpredictable" in the write hands. But when they are abused, they can turn into a fricken beast because of what man did to them. and yes, some are ugly as hell xD

They are unpredictable in the right hands. Look what happened to my mother. There is no way she could have known that the bloodline was tainted with genes of a fighting dog, but then again, unless the breeders know where their dogs are coming from, there is no way to rule out the possibility that the dog could snap.

Yes any dog is unpredictable, but most dogs that will bite, are usually doing it for a good reason. My mom's boxer bit my son. She is not a vicious dog, and she had never bit before, but when she sees a little boy going to her newborn pups with a stick, she is going to protect.

My mom's pitbull attacked for no just cause.

Any dog can bite, and in that case it just happens to be a pit. just like in this case it happened to be a golden retriever:
My dog ran past a house one day and bo, the golden ran out and attacked her. She came home with a gaping wound, the dog in hot persuite. She had to have stitches on her side.

I do not judge goldens but this is just an example of "any dog can bite"

Any dog can bite, and in that case it just happens to be a pit. just like in this case it happened to be a golden retriever:
My dog ran past a house one day and bo, the golden ran out and attacked her. She came home with a gaping wound, the dog in hot persuite. She had to have stitches on her side.

I'm sorry but if a dog bit me, especially a little dog, I'm going to kick it. As with Golden retrievers and what not, they aren't going to lock their jaws and maul someone. Yes any dog can bite. But why am I going to get a dog that was involved in 35% of dog-bite related fatalities? Same reason I will not own a rottweiler.

I am taking into consideration that I have children. Why would I want an unpredictable dog around my kids? I don't. So I got kittens.

Some light reading.
http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreationalSafety/images/dogbreeds-a.pdf

I'm sorry but if a dog bit me, especially a little dog, I'm going to kick it. As with Golden retrievers and what not, they aren't going to lock their jaws and maul someone. Yes any dog can bite. But why am I going to get a dog that was involved in 35% of dog-bite related fatalities? Same reason I will not own a rottweiler.

I am taking into consideration that I have children. Why would I want an unpredictable dog around my kids? I don't. So I got kittens.

Some light reading.

pit bulls do not have locking jaws, yet they are NOT for first time dog owners and you MUST be experienced to own one. Any dog is unpredictable, and any dog can maul someone or something, as we learned with Bo. Rotties are MORE dangerous then pitties if not neutered or spayed. Pits are involvedin do attacks most of the time due to people thinking they can train them to be vicious by abusing them or starving them. but most pits are more fortunite and live in loving families who treat them well, but i agree if not handled properly, they can be unpredictable.

something to watch :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QHpPSTaSRHc#!

Some light reading.

pit bulls do not have locking jaws, yet they are NOT for first time dog owners and you MUST be experienced to own one. Any dog is unpredictable, and any dog can maul someone or something, as we learned with Bo. Rotties are MORE dangerous then pitties if not neutered or spayed. Pits are involvedin do attacks most of the time due to people thinking they can train them to be vicious by abusing them or starving them. but most pits are more fortunite and live in loving families who treat them well, but i agree if not handled properly, they can be unpredictable.

something to watch :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QHpPSTaSRHc#!

No amount of videos can convince me to own one, not after what happened to my mom. But do not worry, I am not on a mission for mass genocide of this type dog. More power to anyone who owns them. They scare the crap out of me. I also fear rotties, and chows.

I am more of a cat person anyway. I had a Siberian Husky, but I didn't have the land that he needed to roam. I rehomed him as he was unhappy in my home :( He was a great dog though, but he is happier where he is at. He was the only dog I ever owned.

Some light reading.

No amount of videos can convince me to own one, not after what happened to my mom. But do not worry, I am not on a mission for mass genocide of this type dog. More power to anyone who owns them. They scare the crap out of me. I also fear rotties, and chows.

I am more of a cat person anyway. I had a Siberian Husky, but I didn't have the land that he needed to roam. I rehomed him as he was unhappy in my home :( He was a great dog though, but he is happier where he is at. He was the only dog I ever owned.

I never convince people to own one. cats are cute.

I own a pit bull. Best and smartest dog Ive ever had.
the debate goes round and round about them. I will always own a pit, even if i have other dogs as well. Truly a terrific breed.
ill also mention he is the most loyal "people dog" ive ever known. Pits were not originally bred to fight. Some idiot did that to these dogs because they are strong, athletic and loyal. In fact, they were considered "nanny dogs" because of their love/tolerance for children. Probably because kids play a lot. That is all my dog is interested in-playtime! And he is pushing 8 years old.
It is understandable why people are afraid. Thanks media for all the unnecessary hype surrounding them. At least the pits took the attention away from the rotties, dobermans and german shepherds. Just give it another 10 years and some other breed will be on the chopping block.
cheers

the debate goes round and round about them. I will always own a pit, even if i have other dogs as well. Truly a terrific breed.
ill also mention he is the most loyal "people dog" ive ever known. Pits were not originally bred to fight. Some idiot did that to these dogs because they are strong, athletic and loyal. In fact, they were considered "nanny dogs" because of their love/tolerance for children. Probably because kids play a lot. That is all my dog is interested in-playtime! And he is pushing 8 years old.
It is understandable why people are afraid. Thanks media for all the unnecessary hype surrounding them. At least the pits took the attention away from the rotties, dobermans and german shepherds. Just give it another 10 years and some other breed will be on the chopping block.
cheers
I have no doubt that people have made some truly splendid family dogs from pitbulls. I just wish our own family would have had that luck. I have my own thoughts about them, and personally I am afraid of them. But I am glad to see that there are people who have been able to show that they can be great dogs.

I in no way criticize anyone that owns them or loves them. :)

cheers
I have no doubt that people have made some truly splendid family dogs from pitbulls. I just wish our own family would have had that luck. I have my own thoughts about them, and personally I am afraid of them. But I am glad to see that there are people who have been able to show that they can be great dogs.

I in no way criticize anyone that owns them or loves them. :)
no worries! And I in no way dislike people who dont like them. Was not the purpose of my post. Just throwing in my two cents about them. Im sad you had a bad personal experience with a pit. Mines a big baby! scared of his own shadow. The cats boss him around! :) Thunderstorm-forget it! :no: He will also chase a laser pointer for HOURS if you let him! Its pretty much his favorite past time. Apart from eating and sleeping :lol:
cheers
cheers

no worries! And I in no way dislike people who dont like them. Was not the purpose of my post. Just throwing in my two cents about them. Im sad you had a bad personal experience with a pit. Mines a big baby! scared of his own shadow. The cats boss him around! :) Thunderstorm-forget it! :no: He will also chase a laser pointer for HOURS if you let him! Its pretty much his favorite past time. Apart from eating and sleeping :lol:
cheers
cheers
my husbands coworker has a pit and my kids play in the yard with the dog every time we go over there. It makes me nervous, but he is a big baby as well.

cheers
cheers
my husbands coworker has a pit and my kids play in the yard with the dog every time we go over there. It makes me nervous, but he is a big baby as well.

:) Lol cats own a lot of things ;P My friends pittie gets chased around by the cat.

I think pitbulls are nice, although I don't have ever owned one. A pitbull lives on my street, and it is sweet and we even rescued it one time as it got out of its yard and ran across the street. I wouldn't risk owning one though, I'm fine with my half-lab and 2 cats thank you. :good:

Most reactions

Back