Anyone Know Where To Buy Discount Tanks?

Jazziecatz

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I find most fish tanks are VERY expensive are there any discount fishtank sites?

what size tank are you looking for?

you could check the local craigslist site for used tanks---there are some good deals there---some come with other necessary equipment

30 gallons.

Craigslist is great thanks!

Didnt know there would be so many in my area wow.

You can also check local yard sales. You can usually find listings which mention tanks. These tanks typically need some work but you can pick them up for a few dollars.

Facebook! My area has a lot of buy sell trade pages and I recently got a 55 gallon and a 29 gallon (both with stands, filters, heaters, vacuums, EVERYTHING) for $100. I was one happy lady!

OMG guys so many FREE tanks in my area FREE AHHHHHHH ITS SO AMAZING!!!! AND SOMETIMES WITH EXPENSIVE FISH AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Wahaha enjoy the wonders of online shopping jazzie i'm sure you'll take home a handful of what you originally planned to get :D

Just be careful you don't get stuck with fish you don't want and that you might find difficult to rehome; a lot of tanks come with convicts, clown loach, oscars, big (or potentially big) common plecs and the like; steer clear of those!

Yeah ive seen some posts like 60 gallon tank for free and then in tiny letters at bottom it listed must also take my 4 foot catfish LOL

That is all it said catfish.  I suspect a blue catfish.

has anyone had any experiences of securing upwards of 20 gallon tanks ar carboot sales in the uk relatively cheaply?

Craigslist is the best place to look. People get bit by new tank syndrome, then give up on it and sell their tanks online. Their lost, your gain! 

Most reactions

Back