Anyone Know Of Any Good Custom-build Tank Manufacturers?

I have collected about 10 phone numbers in my area, all local aquatics shops. Will begin ringing them all shortly, Anything I should ask for specifically? This will be fun... Trying to explain the shape of my desired tank down the phone
shifty.gif

I had mine made at ND aquatics... very good service, mine is 45w x 35d x 80h and it was around the £120 mark!

http://www.ndaquatics.co.uk/

Although I did go and pick it up for a bit of a discount

As said before - I've already contacted them but was replied with a simple "Cant do that sorry" kind of thing.

Dave isn't in today
angry.png
Should be in over the weekend however.

I've never had so much fun explaining measurements over the phone!
whistling.gif

Nice Lady: "So thats 72cmx46cmx36cmx77cm"..
Me: "Um. no. (What shape would that even make?!) Its 72cm, 46cm, 36cm, 53cm and 77cm. And thats going clockwise, starting from the top line.
Nice Lady: Oh sorry, Im trying to draw a diagram... Brian - come here!

Dear-oh-dear... only another 9 to go now! :p

Ye the problem with tank is its shape a rectangle is easy for support beams and stuff like that with your sharp its hard to know where to position your support beams and stuff maybe wy your getting turned down at those places :( shame really,

Also someone mentioned Not tempered glass? Why I am under the impression my tank issue from that glass I know float glass Ismore commen for small tanks but its more likely to shatter under the pressure of more volume of water please correct
Me if I am wrong tho :)

Ye the problem with tank is its shape a rectangle is easy for support beams and stuff like that with your sharp its hard to know where to position your support beams and stuff maybe wy your getting turned down at those places
sad.png
shame really,

Also someone mentioned Not tempered glass? Why I am under the impression my tank issue from that glass I know float glass Ismore commen for small tanks but its more likely to shatter under the pressure of more volume of water please correct
Me if I am wrong tho
smile.png

Never the less,the nice woman will contact the supplier herself and perhaps give me deal with a cabinet from her shop. :) Happy days

There is a guy works at Blue Lagoon Aquatics in Derbyshire that make's tanks as a side line 01629 593415 ask for Jim.

There is a guy works at Blue Lagoon Aquatics in Derbyshire that make's tanks as a side line 01629 593415 ask for Jim.

I have found someone who can do me the very dimensions, including lights, hood, heater etc. (the full blown stuff) all for a responsable price. If they fail to provide, I'll be sure to keep you updated!

Can anyone see any structurally incorrect problems with the plan?

http://oi50.tinypic.com/29m66mw.jpg

I may be wrong but most tanks ive seen are symetrical, yours isnt so maybe there would be more pressure on one part and cause a weak spot/ possible failure?

ye that is what i was thinking but again if the glass is thick enough and enough gell is used then it should be alright :)

ye that is what i was thinking but again if the glass is thick enough and enough gell is used then it should be alright
smile.png

Those of you in chat will now what happened.

The seller was found to be impersonating another business, and so the offer was withdrawn.

Most reactions

Back