Anyone know any good medium sized pleco species?

Hmm, well bristlenoses can get up to 6" but are known for being around 4", so having three of those would definitely make up for their size! Phantom plecos are also very nice, are you interested in those?
In the end it might end up being bristlenose plecos after all ? I don't really know much about phantom plecos but I'll check them out! I wish common plecos only reached 12 inches :(

Where abouts are you actually? My friend has a surplus of baby bristlenoses and he's still trying to get rid of them, so if you're near Kent, let me know lol.
I'm in lincoln (unfortunately) haha, I wish I lived closer because nowhere round here has bristlenoses so I had to order one online when I first wanted one haha. My lfs has L number plecos but cheapest is £30 and I'd buy a good quality cichlid for that!

I'm in lincoln (unfortunately) haha, I wish I lived closer because nowhere round here has bristlenoses so I had to order one online when I first wanted one haha. My lfs has L number plecos but cheapest is £30 and I'd buy a good quality cichlid for that!
Wow!! My sailfin was £18 from my LFS!! The most I've spend on a single fish was £12 for an upside down catfish...

Wow!! My sailfin was £18 from my LFS!! The most I've spend on a single fish was £12 for an upside down catfish...
That’s a great price for a sailfin! I’ve seen some going up for around £25! I bought my big syno for £12.50 absolute bargain thinking about it but my most expensive fish was either my threadfin acaras (£20 each) or geophagus (£25 for one male!) Crazy expensive haha but with this pandemic it doesn’t half surprise me ?

That’s a great price for a sailfin! I’ve seen some going up for around £25!
Wow, really?! I had no Idea I'd got a bargain on my hands!
I bought my big syno for £12.50 absolute bargain thinking about it but
Was your big syno a featherfin? My dad's obsessed with those. £9 each at my LFS.
my most expensive fish was either my threadfin acaras (£20 each) or geophagus (£25 for one male!) Crazy expensive haha but with this pandemic it doesn’t half surprise me ?
Geophagus scare the living daylights out of me. But to be fair, most cichlids do.

Wow, really?! I had no Idea I'd got a bargain on my hands!

Was your big syno a featherfin? My dad's obsessed with those. £9 each at my LFS.

Geophagus scare the living daylights out of me. But to be fair, most cichlids do.
Yeah! When I lived in manchester at abyss aquatics a sailfin was £25! The syno is actually unidentified as it closes ly resembles the feather fin but seems to be much larger and darker, I couldn’t even find it on seriouslyfish but it doesn’t seem to be a hybrid either so I honestly am clueless but he does resemble the feather fins features! Aw howcome cichlids scare you haha? is it the territorial battles they are prone too because when I first owned cichlids that was a nightmare I thought that they were gonna kill each other but it’s pretty natural and actually is a good excercise for them! who would’ve thought haha!

Yeah! When I lived in manchester at abyss aquatics a sailfin was £25! The syno is actually unidentified as it closes ly resembles the feather fin but seems to be much larger and darker, I couldn’t even find it on seriouslyfish but it doesn’t seem to be a hybrid either so I honestly am clueless but he does resemble the feather fins features! Aw howcome cichlids scare you haha? is it the territorial battles they are prone too because when I first owned cichlids that was a nightmare I thought that they were gonna kill each other but it’s pretty natural and actually is a good excercise for them! who would’ve thought haha!
They're terrifying!! Everything about them, really!

I can understand that to be honest haha. Mine are just greedy honestly I cant eat anything in the same room without an audience begging me when they already get fed plenty as it is! cheeky sods haha
My gourami and tetras are particularly greedy. They love putting on a show of how hungry they are when I pick up the pot of food... As though I starve them or something!

Most reactions

Back