Anyone know a good scrubber

Lynnzer

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I'm having a good clean out in my fishtank room and laying vinyl floor tiles etc.
I've had to dismantle all my tanks electrics, all external filters etc to move the cabinets to tile under them.
Now when I put everything together again I need to clean the inside of the glass inlet and outlet pipes as they are as grubby as hell. Problem is that the inlet pipes are sealed at the bottom with only some slits in then to allow water intake.
I guess there may be members who have experienced this and have found a suitable flexible brush or another way to clean the pipes.

I've got a Vorestic Aquascaping set that came in a nice felt bag with all the usual tools for about £40 - the algae scraper is particularly good! I also have a little pack of welders tools that included 3 wire brushes, copper, brass and stainless steel - instantly threw the brass and copper ones out - but the stainless steel one is excellent. I also got a firm nylon bristle brush in the set. Each brush has 2 ends one about toothbrush size and the other is the same length but a quarter of the width. I also got some steel and plastic picks - look a bit like dental tools that are great for getting black beard algae off. I just got that off Amazon. I also have a pack of bamboo toothbrushes which have varying levels of firmness - though they are all about the same now after some use.

I've nicely just re-read your post and realised I've got the wrong end of the stick haha! I just enjoy talking about my kit - its very under-rated side of the hobby.

But what you need is a pipe cleaner - you need to take the glass kit off the hose and push the pipe cleaner in from the bottom and around the curve. If its the glass set with the skimmer though thats really hard from what I've heard.

Wills

Talk about self incrimination eh.........

Most reactions

Back