Anyone Had Any Dealings With This German Shop

mark1980

Reaction score
Hi, setting up my 1st planted aquarium from scratch and I'm buyng more things week by week for it.
The last thing I need to buy is a Co2 system, I am thinking about buying one from Germany as it works out a lot cheaper. The system I have been looking at is this one - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Anlage-bis-300-l...id=p3911.c0.m14
Wondered if anyone has had any dealings with them and tell me what you think before I buy. Also I'm not sure if I need to buy something seperate so the system can be shut off at night. thanks, Mark

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
go DIY it is sooo easy and soo cheap!!! what size is the tank????. all you need is an empty 2l coke bottle or 2 (2nd for stability, not essential but good when you refil the mixture as you dont have fluctuating levels of co2) a check valve or 2 airline and a diffuser or 2.

Lunapet are a great company. I bought my first regulator from them and I've had no problems in over a year. Good quality. Why not consider buying a regulator from them and then sourcing a 2kg CO2 fire extinguisher? I know someone on UKAPS that sells them for £15 plus postage (about £7 or £8). You can then get some diffusers from eBay or one of the aquascaping shops like The Green Machine or Aqua Essentials for around £7 each, along with some CO2 tubing for about £1 a metre and a bubble counter for about £5.

Lunapet regulator - approx £50
CO2 Fire extinguisher - approx £25
CO2 diffuser - approx £7 x2 (good to have a spare for swapping over to clean one)
CO2 bubble counter - approx £5
CO2 tubing - approx £1 a metre

All in, about £90 I'd say. if you shop around though, you'd probably find a regulator a bit cheaper, or second hand. I managed to get an AquaMedic one for £30 inc postage on eBay.

Worth considering :)

My tank is a 300l corner aquarium. It just seems a loss less hassle and not much more expensive to buy a ready system than have to shop around for the different peices. This is only less than £100 for the whole setup. Would cost double that to buy in this country. As for the coca cola bottle, I'm sorry but you've lost me :unsure:

DIY co2 wouldn't be anygood on that size tank :) Briefly, the idea behind it is to use water, yeast and sugar which reacts and makes CO2. The coke bottle is what you put the mix into :)

go DIY it is sooo easy and soo cheap!!! what size is the tank????. all you need is an empty 2l coke bottle or 2 (2nd for stability, not essential but good when you refil the mixture as you dont have fluctuating levels of co2) a check valve or 2 airline and a diffuser or 2.

...and fluctuating & causes algae problems if not careful lol.

check out the guide in my sig, it gives links to all you need to set up a pressurized system, makes life easy for you!

Most reactions

Back