Anyone Got Any Super Red Bns?

XFiSh_CichildX

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hey has anyone got any super red bristlenose i would love to see some pics if you have any ?

and how much do these cost roughly

cheers Aaron

I think it's Matlee who has one but I'm not hundred percent sure. They are really nice. Not sure of the price for them.

017-5.jpg

007-7.jpg

Pics of my Male super red
Hes just had his first Brood that are growing on now

024-2.jpg

Excellent that's only 45 mins from me :)

Does he have them for sale most of the time? And. Can they be sexed at that size?

Thanks

I have a couple hundred or so, mostly fry/juvies growing out.
Cichlid stones work well for spawning caves when they're young, but the males will grow too large to fit through the opening:
005-3.jpg

Couple young ones, male on the right has a little stubble:
011-1.jpg

Bamboo also works for spawning caves, but it gradually gets thinner and splits apart:
052.jpg

5 gallon bucket of juvies being moved to another tank:
005-2.jpg

can anyone post to Northern ireland ? cheers them pics are great thanks for sharing

Excellent that's only 45 mins from me :)

Does he have them for sale most of the time? And. Can they be sexed at that size?

Thanks
They are not sexable at that size and he has them quite often
Yeh it's funny with bn sexing they choose what sex they are depending on male to female ratio, like sword tail platies but once they chosen a gender can't switch unlike the sword tails :p also when I say choose what gender I dont mean they think to their selfs " ooo I want to be this gender" it's all to do with chemical responses lol

Most reactions

Back