Anyone Got An Aquarium Built By Seashell?

elisew

I don`t count sheep to get to sleep, I count fish
Reaction score
I`m really hoping I can get some help from anyone who has got an aquarium that was newly built by Seashell.

We collected our new setup yesterday and after sorting everything out we found a sticker on the bottom of the tank informing that the tank must not be filled until 3.9.10. Quite surprised at this we spoke to the staff at MA today to ask why if it`s not safe to fill straightaway or within a day or 2 weren`t we told when we ordered it. The staff have no idea about not being able to fill the tanks straight away and even after googling I can`t find anything that would explain why we have to wait.

I`d really like to know why or if a delay is necessary and would appreciate any info or advice from other members who may have come across the same problem.

id just trust the date thay give you elisew my tank had a 4 week wait .if you fill it b4 thay may argue that thay told you so and you will get no refund if it dose split :rolleyes:

Thanks very much to you both.

I managed to find some info on silicone curing and although the general info says 48 hrs after the 'acetic/vinegar' type smell has dissipated I have to do the sensible thing and wait. The new tank will be holding a large volume of water so better safe than sorry I guess.......even if it is torture to wait! :shout: :lol:

Most reactions

Back