Anyone ever watch Babylon 5?

White Whale

Granola bar gone bad....
Reaction score
The Minbari ships looks so much like bettas..... Uncanny.....

minbari09.jpg

My other hobby is B5. I'll ask the people I know from the show if there is any connection - I do know the designers spent a lot of time reading animal encyclopaedias and based many of the alien lifeforms on various invertebrates (the Shadows are basically arachnids, the Vorlons are squids, the Gaim are ants and the Drazi are tortoises). I agree - the Minbari ships are definitely rather reminiscient of bettas.

I'll see what I can find out.

well it makes perfect sense if they searched through animal encyclopedias :nod:
betta splenden which means "beautiful warrior" would be the perfect choice :wub: especially with them being one of the most "extreme fighters" on the planet :D :wub:

Alien Anna said:
My other hobby is B5. I'll ask the people I know from the show if there is any connection - I do know the designers spent a lot of time reading animal encyclopaedias and based many of the alien lifeforms on various invertebrates (the Shadows are basically arachnids, the Vorlons are squids, the Gaim are ants and the Drazi are tortoises). I agree - the Minbari ships are definitely rather reminiscient of bettas.

I'll see what I can find out.
Oh KEWL!!!!!

I had to spend about 5 minuets staring at the pic before I finnaly saw it, very true resembles a betta :)

Most reactions

Back