Anyone Bought From These?

I just emailed the guy and he said they have been fed colour enhancing food. this is a load of crap?

J4MES

Looks too good to be true so it probably is !!!. There is no contact number or address either

Just got this info from whois, if it helps -

Domain name:
cheapfish.co.uk

Registrant:
cheapmarinefish.co.uk

Registrant type:
Not supplied

Registrant's address:
19 Shearers Place
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
B75 5UN
United Kingdom

Registrant's agent:
Easily Limited t/a easily.co.uk
URL: http://www.easily.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 11-May-2006
Renewal date: 11-May-2008
Last updated: 13-Apr-2007

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns1.openhosts.com
ns2.openhosts.com
hey i live b75,sutton coldfield,i`v never heard of shearers place,but i`m going to have a look for it now

Color enhancing food is nice with colorful but occasionally dull fish like rams, but it will in no way, turn a fish pink.

hi when i had a marine setup i bought a pair of clown fish from him and they arrived in poly box with heat pad, they were alive and well, so i recomend him

if he selling dyed fish i just changed my mind! no business from me

£15 seems a lot for delivery, too. People like Monty at Trimar only charge £10 and their packaging is exemplary. Very healthy fish as well.

Righty...

Delivery is still quite cheap I know for a fact the correct overnight courier for delivering fish will charge around £16 + VAT for a single consignment per box. Weight and guranteed delivery time is also a factor in the price. A heat pack will cost about a £1 each aswell. For a small business charging £15 is pretty good.

What you have to understand people like Trimar are big companies therefore get bigger discount from there courier and Trimar can absorb courier costs more.

There is such thing as colour enhanced fish, no it's not the same as buying Tetra Pro Crisp "colour" off the shop shelf, they are fed specific foods to get the desired colour, and a litle common sense tells you that once the food has gone the colour slowly fades away too.

Knowing wholesale prices the prices hes selling at are quite do able with low mark up and carefully selected sizing from his exporters, notice he isn't saying sizes on the smaller fish.

As somone has said though is says 14 days delivery time on his site so hes buying in to order, which isnt good practice but can work.

You lot are too fast to jump on someone. Yes he stocks coloured fish but people buy them which makes good money, if something sells well making good profit he would be stupid not to offer it for sale, businesses sometimes have to swallow a few morals to get a business of it's feet.

The photos of the parrots aren't real though - look at the blue and purple ones:

parrot%20purple.jpg

parrot%20blue.jpg

they're the exact same photo he's just photoshopped the colour/hue - so maybe they're not dyed and he's just trying to represent the stock with his homemade photos.

This does raise the question however of why he doesn't just post real photos of the fish??? hmmm... I'd be in 2 minds as well (though their shrimp prices are great!)

Anyone bought from them recently?

Just wondered if anyone had used these as they have some seriously cheap prices http://www.cheapfish.co.uk/index.html
whats everyones opinions on them?

I havn't bought from them but i posted a similar topic on the forum about this shop. He has an ebay shop, but has a really small selection, so i emailed the guy about this.I got a reply within a couple of hours and he said that he stocks 90% of the fish that are listed on the website. Also, the feedback on his ebay shop is about 99.9%. All in all i'd say it's worth a shot. If you do buy from them, post about it as i want some marble hatchets and this guys website is the only place i've found them so far!!
Cheers

Most reactions

Back