Anybody know this store?

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
The name of the website seems a little...scammy. But we're on "Tropical Fish Forums," so who knows. Anybody know this company?

following... they are supposed to have giant Oto's & gold dust plecos, like the one I have listed in the Fish of the Month contest...

The fish on their home page is a goldie, not a tropical.

The first fish listed is Corydoras hastatus, as an algae eater. That's wrong.

It may seem nitpicking, but the quality of and attention paid to info on a home page often reflects what is happening at the company. Listing their Corydoras as algae eaters makes me wonder about how they care for them. Slackness starts, and then where does it go...

these are two links I have saved...

as much problem as I had with Arizona, I probably should learn to be more patient

The fish on their home page is a goldie, not a tropical.

The first fish listed is Corydoras hastatus, as an algae eater. That's wrong.

It may seem nitpicking, but the quality of and attention paid to info on a home page often reflects what is happening at the company. Listing their Corydoras as algae eaters makes me wonder about how they care for them. Slackness starts, and then where does it go...
Definitely agree with this

Another thing I noticed is how the Corydora is listed as "Algae eater" (like Gary said), but how the shrimp is listed as "Freshwater fish" 😂

How interesting... Never knew the scientific community merged frogs with fish... 😂
Well, phylogenetically, frogs *are* fish ;) All tetrapods (including us, humans) are evolutionarily nestled within the group "osteichthys" (aka "bony fish"). If you want to say frogs are not fish, you'd also have to say that a tuna is not a fish. Or, at the very least, you'd have to say that lungfish and coelacanths are not fish.

Yeah, I just got off work and had a closer look, and if they're real, they don't know much. Think I'll look elsewhere. Thanks for the input. T

They have crossed the grammar police. Case closed.

Years ago, we had a large and fantastic pet store in town. It was the warehouse concept, and you could count on seeing new species there about every 2 weeks, as they drew customers in with curiosity. They had all the standards, but it was the first place I bought a killifish, and at least a dozen tetra species that are now common but were then rare. It was cool.
It was bought out by an investment group which installed their guy. The first thing he did was change the filtration. He got a deal on a fading technology, under gravel filtration, and put it in all their 150 plus tanks. Only he didn't put any gravel in.
It didn't take long - a few weeks at most.
Why do I think of that retail and fish disaster now?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back