Anybody Had Experience Priming A....?

keeton

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i guys bought a mini external filter for my planted nano earlier and cant prime it for the life of me, i've had manual prime filter before so i know how to do it. It seems that when i stuck the outlet tube till it starts filling the canister but it does fill all the way up before it gets to my mouth lol, so then i put my finger over the end and plug it in but it still has trapped air inside. I cant get it out at all. I used to learn my old externals to the side and would slow release the air, this does but the amount of air never goes down.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Hi

What make is it? Also are there shut off valves?
If there are try this method.

1 Put a tray or washing up bowl or something that will catch the overflow of water from your canister.
Close the valves remove both pipes From the head.This is the best time to clean the impeller.
2 Fill your canister 3/4 full of water, if fresh same temperature as the aquarium if from tap de-chlorinate.
3 Keep/Put your inlet pipe into the aquarium.
4 Open IN valve. You may have to suck to start flow into Tray/bucket/bowl. I use a propagating seed tray ideal for spillage. This will clear your pipe of gunge so don't have in your mouth for long.
5 Shut valve to Off, attach to In on the External head.
6 Attach head to canister.Push head on but don't close.
7 Slowly open IN valve/tap this will fill your canister and expel air in the head.
8 When water is expelled out of the Out side of the head. Close IN valve to Off.
9 Add the Out valve to the head of the filter.This pipe should be full of water.
10 Turn on power.
11 Open In/Out valves in that order.
Should start running I hope.

I have used this method with eheim/tetratec and have a minor problems starting the flow
Usually it is when there is not enough water in the Out pipe.
hoggie

Unless you give us the make and model of your filter, it's hard for us to know what to advise.

Alternatively, you could do a Google search for your filter instructions. ;)

Oh #29###, I didn't see it either my bad.

I too am struggling to find any info on JAD filters.

All I could find was this:

Company name : Jad Filters
Telephone: 01202 487618
Address: Unit 6 1-3 Fairfield
Dorset
Christchurch
England

I don't even know if that's the correct company.

set it all up in the tank etc, and make sure the intake is under water. have a bucket ready.

take the out put tube and give it a long hard suck till water starts siphoning through the filter, and aim at the bucket.

when water starts coming through the out hose, lift the hose up and place it in the tank, then fit the out attachment, and then plug it in

Most reactions

Back