Any Suggestions? Please Help!

kayteegrima

Reaction score
I have a white mollie, thats gills look like theyve dissolved of its the only way i can describe it..

It looks so sore, but isnt affecting him in anyway!

I googled it and it said it was ammonia poising..
and to do a 50% water change straight away...

I done this last week, and have been regularly doing a 10% water change... and tested the water and its perfect.. and so have my local fish shop and they said the water is fine?

I spoke to the store and they said it was an ulser? i didnt know wether to believe them as iv read alot of google and none of them sugest that, and it doesnt look like an ulser, as the actualy scales have gone?

None of my other fish, have anything on there gills, and deffinatly none of my other mollies have anything wrong...? this fish about 2months ago had some eye problem but was treated and it went away within a few days and i carried on the treatment to check it didnt come back.. and now this?

the photos ive got arnt brilliant, as hes a fast little one! if any one has any ideas please help!

Attachments

• fishy1.jpg
    fishy1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 41
  • fishy2.jpg
    fishy2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 31
Check this site for gill flukes and maybe google to see if this is a possibility.
http://www.gbasonline.org/disease_chart.htm

I would normally say it is ammonia poisoning but if you are certain it isn't then next might be gill flukes. I don't know what to say about ulcers... that can mean several things. I would try a good anti-parasite med and keep that water super pristine with 20%-50 % water changes several times a week.

Good luck

Gill fluke is most likely, does the fish have loss of apetite, if so it could be head and line disease

Gill fluke is most likely, does the fish have loss of apetite, if so it could be head and line disease

No loss of apetite? hes still pigging away swimming around normal, and acting completely normal? even just got his female friend preggers, so now expecting fry...

Ive got some good anti biotic type stuff from my fish shop... just started today so we will see how he goes?

But hes had it for a little while and seems to be nothing wrong, and i took some more water to be tested for ammonia again today and everythings fine in my tank? ive also kept doing tests at home but im never sure if im doing it right..

No other fish have anything wrong? not one?

It started of with what looked like a few scales falling off, then got worse, then suddenly got better and what looked like was healing, then over the past week got worse, ive kept doing water changes, ive done 3 since last wednesday? and my husbands half way threw one now?

Thanks for advice :)

Most reactions

Back