Any snorkelers out there?

bob`_your_dog

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Me and me girlfriend have started snorkelling over the past few months, and i'm just wondering if anyone else round here does. We've got the luxory of staying about 5mins away from a reef which is secluded by the entrance to the harbour, but unfortunatly it's not a natural reef or a coral reef, but it's still extremely beautiful, lots of fan worms and a few things that look like very hard corals, plenty butterfly fish, some really big moray eels (they're very cool to feed!) and octopus that love to hide and many more ofcourse!

About two weeks ago we went down and we were about to get in when a boat raced over to us and told us they where about to blow up 1 ton worth of explosives about 500 meters out, that was one of the most amazing things i've ever seen! Like a true hollywood movie, a huge noise and then a even bigger jet of water exploded out of the water like a lile H-bomb, we went in straigh after and it was quite funny to watch all the schools of fish swiming like crazy towards the shore. Well just though i'd share (mostly cause i'm bored reall, so sorry :D )

Oh yeah just a quick question, i will be buying a fishing license and was wondering if any of you guys knew a good method for catching fish.

Humanely in a net... dont use cyanide as it gives the fish a very slow and lingering death :(

The snorkeling sounds fantastic!" im very envious of you :drool:

Many, many times all around St. John, USVI. Last week made my first trip to Hawaii, but only on Oahu which isn't great. Still snorkeled all over and did my first Scuba and am hooked! Gonna get certified. Diving is the way to go to see reefs!

yep - love it :)

I've been snoreling in many places, Best so far was Hawaii :thumbs:
When in spain last year I even found an octopus :)

Off to mexico in october (honeymoon). Lorna will have to tie a rope round my waist to get me back on dry land :D :D

I was going to do my PADI while I was out there but it'd be a bit of a burden for 5 full days and homework with exams ( I might of come home divorced!)

DONT use dynamite either. Like Nav said, use nets only. Cyanide and TNT suck, and they are destructive and un-sustainable.

Most reactions

Back