Any Jewel Tank Owners Added Additional Internal Filters?

iv still got the juwel filter in mines, i did find it was a little pants ass there was a few bits floating about, instead of using the white filter pads i stuffed the top of the filter with filter wool and its been sooo much better, works out cheaper too lol

Thanks Kenstir will give that a go as i'm actually thinking of using an additional filter as opposed to removing the Jewel all together . So if it improves the performance of the Jewel system that's great . Cheers .

iv still got the juwel filter in mines, i did find it was a little pants ass there was a few bits floating about, instead of using the white filter pads i stuffed the top of the filter with filter wool and its been sooo much better, works out cheaper too lol

Thanks Kenstir will give that a go as i'm actually thinking of using an additional filter as opposed to removing the Jewel all together . So if it improves the performance of the Jewel system that's great . Cheers .

I did the same used filter wool instead of the pads, I do a 25 ltr water change weekly and once a month clean rinse filter sponges in the old tank water during the water change.

I did the same used filter wool instead of the pads, I do a 25 ltr water change weekly and once a month clean rinse filter sponges in the old tank water during the water change.

I do something similar change the pads weekly and a water change fortnightly and i also clean the filter in the old tank water too at that time . I just think the Jewel filter is naff at removing the wee bits that seem to be suspended in the water .

Kip

Though an old topic.

I guess i can relate here to.

My rio 125, I also get small particles floating on top of the water, also when the fish disturb the tank alot i notice lots of rubbish, would an additional filter cure most of this?

Basically the internal Juwel filter is good enough for a light to moderate stocking of the tank, if however you have Plecs and other messy fish then it can struggle and an external filter would certainly help. Once added you could if you have the time, patience and nerves remove the Juwel box, it frees up a serious amount of tank space and removes a nasty big black box to boot.

I think this subjects spread across many topics in this forum now! lol

Anyway, yes, But i think I may run two filters... as I gather it helps overstocking aswell

Most reactions

Back