Any Horsey People Here?

merry78

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Anyone here a rider/driver/showie/breeder etc?
I have had horses all my life except the past few years (renting in town.....damn lack of unlimited riches!)
I started out in pony club, then got into dressage/ODEs, but now i am too old ( although that's probably a poor excuse, look at Reiner Klimle, Sally Swift, Franz Maringer etc.) and broken for such intensive stuff. Also did quite a bit of retraining of 'problem' horses (ie horses owned by problem people) , using natural horsemanship. Mainly now just enjoy jumping on bareback and heading out into the bush....much less stress than competition.
Anyone else got horsey stories to swap?

I have two horses.

One is allergic to grass, trees, flies and countess other things.

I have two horses.

One is allergic to grass, trees, flies and countess other things.

That must be terrible, we have a condition (Queensland Itch) here that is quite common and it sounds similar, so hard to manage....

What kind of horses are they? What do you do with them? (other than enjoy their company...the best part of having horses, really).

ones a welsh cob and ones a new forest pony :p

we just hack them out really. Its been one accident after another atm and we havnt ridden them proper for about 3 years, but ah well.

heres my welsh cob =P

IMG_0293-1.jpg

:lol: I'm just loving the picky of your Welsh cob :lol: Aren't they characters?

I've got a Welsh cob and used to be into showing, but got sick and tired of getting up at 5am to bath my ungrateful mare then stand around in the pouring rain while the judges decided the FATTEST would be the winner. I've also got a Connemara pony, and he's pretty nifty at dressage, though we don't compete, cos I'm not up to his standard :blush: I don't think my my Welshy will ever manage dressage - she gets her legs in a tangle just walking from her stable to the field in a morning :lol:

I think there's a picky of them in my signature, but can't be sure cos it's ages since i posted here.

heyyy, gorgeous pics guys! i have to get some pics of my babies up, but in the meantime, here's a pic of my and one of my past horses playing in the dam when i was a kid.
000_0081.jpg

Wowee - that's well cool :fun:
Good to tell you live in a nice warm climate - you wouldn't catch me doing that round here!

:lol: yeah, it's heaps of fun.
when it's crazy hot, in the middle of summer, we used to take the horses down to the creek and they'd stand belly deep in the (clean) water for ages while we slid off them, stood up on them, swam under them, generally acted like idiots. It was great fun, and the horses ended up soooo quiet, never a kick or a pigroot for any reason! The horses really enjoyed it, used to come up to meet us and take us to the creek without being asked.
Ahhh, good times.

I've got a ShirexTB called Roman. He's 16hh, black with a white blaze and 4 white socks. He's a gentle giant (must post a pic as he just looks like a shire with shorter legs really) but he likes to race! It's quite funny when he does race because he just has to win and when you have this really heavy horse racing against an Arab and a TB, and he wins, you can imagine what the other horse's owners were like!

he sounds wonderful, i love heavy horse/TB crosses, they are the best!! (my all time favourite girl was a clydie x tb- named queen bess-, so i may be biased!)
I'd love to see pics of Roman....

he's gorgeous! I'm biased too, he was the first horse we went to see and I just fell in love. He likes to ping my bra straps and nuzzle my boobs though (typical man lol).

:rofl: :rofl: yeah, typical! hope he's careful though!
one day when i was poo-picking, one of mine came up and, curious what i was doing crouching down, pawed my back. You don't reckon that hurt!!!!

haha, both mine are mad

but my new forest (zeb) is the devil pony

he bites everyone, and hates men

im literealy the only guy who can go into the paddock with him

anyway, i am moving them to a new field tomorrow, and i have to go down a main road. wish me luck. :p

Heh, I do riding. Don't actually own one myself. Too expensive, and basically it would be too much driving... (30 mins there, 30 mins back) I do ride once a week though. Mainly on Copper, a chestnut pony (gelding). Apollo, a reddish bay TB cross I believe (gelding). Not too sure. And Piper; a Chestnut Pony X Welsh Cob. Gelding. And then there is Junior, a dapple gray apaloosa. Gelding. And Oreo. A paint Pony. Gelding. Lol. I do english. Jumping. And I mostly compete on Apollo, though sometimes on Oreo. I do hunter. Lots of fun. Horses are not my hobby, they are my passion lol. I love them all so much. I would not trade them for the world!!

Most reactions

Back