Any Good Hob Filters In Uk?

14gtr14

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm looking for a hob filter in the Uk. What companies make them? Are the good? I hear that they're popular in the US, why not here??

greg :good:

You can get Aquaclear HOB's and some others in the UK. They take up space around the top of the tank, are ugly, ause to much surface agitation and can be noisy. I have no idea why they are so popular in the US. I'd never look at one.

You can get Aquaclear HOB's and some others in the UK. They take up space around the top of the tank, are ugly, ause to much surface agitation and can be noisy. I have no idea why they are so popular in the US. I'd never look at one.
I'm an advocate of AquaClears because they can be found for a reasonable price, they are quiet, the output flow is adjustable, they hold a variety of media and they last forever. I have a couple AC's that have been running nonstop for 12+ years. :drinks:

cheers guys,

anyone used an eheim liberty HOB? There are loads on german ebay that'll post to the UK.

The reason for asking about HOBS is I'm think about either removing my internal or running a HOB along with it.

Ive got an Eheim Ecco 2232 on a 65 Litre (15 Gall) tank.

Most reactions

Back