Anthias...your Fave?

ben1987

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
i think id like maybe 3 anthias for my tank, just wondering which ones u lot liked for ideas.

I thiks Tuka ones are nice

tn_tuka_jpg.jpg

or maybe bartlets

p-80555-Bartletts-Male.jpg

Female

46160260DSC046571.jpg

male

89197756oO42IZg51.jpg

Scribbled Anthias: Pseudanthias bimaculatus

Can't wait till one of my females turns into a male - they are glorious, with pink, yellow and blue colourations

Seffie x

:fish:

They are gorgeous :hyper: ! My Lfs has them in all the time, they have deffo caught my eye .

gaz

the purple one is a male, the orange are the females. Usually if you add a group one will change to male

They are lovely aren't they, however I don't think the male's colour is showing true, they are more reddish. Hopefully Barney will be able to tell us as they are indeed lyretails and he has some :drool:

Seffie x

What size tank would of them need (obvioulsy not mine)? they look great, even the one with the advert on the side :rolleyes:

Yep agree with you KJ - I know have a mental pciture of you in scuba gear, diving in people's tanks :lol:

Seffie x

ps I was just wondering about the males true colouring

Yep agree with you KJ - I know have a mental pciture of you in scuba gear, diving in people's tanks :lol:

Seffie x

ps I was just wondering about the males true colouring

oh. Maybe it's his actinics. Make it look purple? That may do it? Or it could be a variation? I'm sure the online fish store would give him whatever he asked for as long as they could get it or had it in stock. Esp with the reputation he has.

What size tank would of them need (obvioulsy not mine)? they look great, even the one with the advert on the side :rolleyes:

see if this helps gary.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/anthiina.htm

Most reactions

Back