Another Stand Build

DrRob

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Having had a new tank ordered by the OH for my birthday an interesting problem presented itself. The new tank was carefully sized to make the best of an alcove in the lounge. The problem with this is that the current old 30" clearseal is standing in the alcove and we currently lack any sensible furniture to stand it on temporarily. Ideally we'd like a nice clean set up of the new tank, rather than a mad dash with fish in buckets.

Sensing an opportunity to cater to my MTS, I suggested we get a new stand for the old clearseal and make use of a convenient corner I had my eye on. Sadly at this point the OH drew the line at any serious spending, given that the larger tank is already going cost money to get going. Plus I suspect that she's wise to the fact that a bought stand will be a great excuse to leave another tank set up.

So, off she went to a mother and baby group, and I raided the garage.

CIMG6036.jpg

CIMG6038.jpg

CIMG6039.jpg

Then I realised what time it was and came back in to get lunch. More to follow.

Having had a new tank ordered by the OH for my birthday an interesting problem presented itself. The new tank was carefully sized to make the best of an alcove in the lounge. The problem with this is that the current old 30" clearseal is standing in the alcove and we currently lack any sensible furniture to stand it on temporarily. Ideally we'd like a nice clean set up of the new tank, rather than a mad dash with fish in buckets.

Sensing an opportunity to cater to my MTS, I suggested we get a new stand for the old clearseal and make use of a convenient corner I had my eye on. Sadly at this point the OH drew the line at any serious spending, given that the larger tank is already going cost money to get going. Plus I suspect that she's wise to the fact that a bought stand will be a great excuse to leave another tank set up.

So, off she went to a mother and baby group, and I raided the garage.

CIMG6036.jpg

CIMG6038.jpg

CIMG6039.jpg

Then I realised what time it was and came back in to get lunch. More to follow.
not bad been thinking about making a stand for my nano
keep us posted

Now waiting for the last coat to dry, but my barebones stand is done for now.

Eventually I might put some trim on it to make it look nice, but it's functional for now.

CIMG6044.jpg

That "temporary" stand looks ready to take a 10 ton truck on it. Well done DrRob. A bit of dressing up and that thing will serve you well for over 20 years.

looking really good, I myself made one a few months back. Its so satisfying when the product finished and you look and say yeah i made that. so much better than buying a cabinet, as I like you had a tank made for a certain area of space and no normal size cabinet would of fitted. Well done cant wait to see the finished product. :clap:

Most reactions

Back