Another Cory Shipment In Usps Hell!

That's good news. :good: Nobody like the dead fish in the mail unless it is smoked salmon or something. I guess Cory can survive better than some of the other more sensitive fish. I would probably guessed the Cardinals would be the highest risk among your shipment. Of course, all greatly influenced by the condition of packing I imagine.

So let me ask you few question. I know it was the USPS but was it overnight or express or whatever they call the shipping method suppose to deliver in a day? And how long(hours) exactly did it took from dropping off to delivered? And what does he usually use beside pure oxygen, maybe bag buddy? Just curious, because someday I may have to ship the fish. Although I probably practice with shrimps first.

Anyway, good for you now you have all the nice fish. :drool:

I am really glad that they got there ok. I was getting worried too. I could just see mine doing the same thing. I hope they keep up with mine, and get them here on time and safe.

When do we get to see the new fish?

They were accepted for delivery at 4:32 pm EST in Palm Beach, FLA. They were guaranteed delivery by 3 pm PDT. That would be what? 8 or 9 hours from the East Coast to the West Coast. BUT they did not reach Fresno until 12:45 am. I drove down and picked them up when they called me (as I requested when they disappeared) at 1:15 am or so. They were nearly 12 hours late. I will get my shipping back because I shipped USPS Express (overnight), but I will not get the $10 charge from Bryan for packaging and handling, which is A-ok by me. It is a cheap $10.

Now the shipment to ICEEGRL is going in the opposite direction, so I have to take them in by 9 am Thursday. I don't know what the guaranteed arrival time is, but I imagine it is 3 pm Friday. Got to add 3 or 4 hours to the figure of time as the clock is going forward. I had to call Sacramento and get a registration # and set a date and time for my delivery to them. I can't just take it down there and say here it is. I have to let them know so they can make sure they have room for the shipment.

Yes, I have had fish--little fry, survive long trips of days and be perfectly fine. Like Bryan said, he packs for a three day trip even though it is suppose to take only overnight. It is mostly in the packing. Yes Bryan uses blue water, like bag buddies. He does not spare on the packing, and it costs more to do it right.

I hope I do well in this my first shipment to ICEEGRL. I have to figure out the amount of water. The fish can't be fed. I will use bag buddy given me by my Plec supplier. I will also try to do the thing where we get the chasing done, and they are put into a container before then putting them into clean water in the bags for shipping.

The neon cardinals are lovely and very healthy looking.

The supplier is CorysRUs.com

What is blue water? (Or have I just asked a stupid q?)

Glad to know the fish arrived safely, fingers crossed your shipment does likewise (just without the detour).

This blue water used in shipping is a fishy anti-depresant. It calms the fish down so they won't get stessed out or ouncture their bag or eachother in a fantic fright. The common one is Bag Buddies. It might contain other ingredients to medicate the fish. I don't have the bottle, just a baggy of pills for this shipment.

I just said Bryan uses blue water, because I don't remember exactly what he uses.

There is also the blue water the lps's use in Betta cups, which I guess is methyline blue, a medication to protect or cure from various ailments.

I used bag buddies in the bag when I moved last year. It is cool stuff. :good:

The post office told me that they can't call me for pick up, but I can call at 7:30am Friday morning and they can hold it for pick up. Then they won't get stuck on the mail truck all day.

Delivery is by 3:00 here too. (which just happens to be the regular time for my mail to come)

I am going to catch my mail man tomarrow and tell him too. That way he will know not to load it. :good:

Packing fish tomorrow not camera cards. :p Besides ICEE's fish and moss, I have a 40 usg corner and a 50 usg SeaClear that have fronts in them. But I have a 125 usg with Moba Zaire frontosa (super desirable blue boys and girls), so I am going to take the Burundi and the 2 Bismarks in for store credit for $70. It is much less than I paid for them, but it will free up at least one tank for TD DA <<drum roll>> CORYS! and my new breeding project LF BN and zebra Plecs.

Ok... I can see now that I am going to have to find your house and come see you with my camera in hand :hyper: :drool:
Did I miss it when you got zebras?
:hyper:

I posted in the Plec forum w/o pics :)

These Zebras are wild hypancistrus zeba Plecos L316 and not the other ones for $1800 or whatever. Mine were $400 for 1 male and 4 female. They got their own 29 usg tank :)

I got
1male+4 female wild L316 zebra Plec
6 Ancistrus Marble LF BN
an albino BN (I have a LF albino) I will eventually get them for breeding too
1 male+1 female wild L182/ starlight BN
some bags and bag buddy
5 terra cotta caves

You get the coolest fish! :drool:
You are torturing me with this no pics thing though...
I guess I will have to find my way to the plecs and find it... :good:

Most reactions

Back