Another Clown With My One?

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Reaction score
My dad is getting himself a little frag tank, the Orca 450. With it is a yellow banded maroon clownfish. The same as mine, so I was thinking - No problem I will put it in the tank with mine and they will pair up. However, I think the new one is about the same size, I know your ment to add smaller clowns, so what would happen if I added it? Death or?

Try and see how it goes. They will fight for dominance at first if the are a similar size. But if i remember yours, its tiny. So probably still a juvie. The real problems come if you put two females togther. It am work, it may not. Just watch them for a couple of days.

not 100% sure, i always assumed that if they were left on there own and allowed to grow big then it would still turn female.

Plus, you dont know how the fish has been housed in the past do ya.

id go for it and see, if its a similar sized to yours id suspect sexless juvie anyway

cant put to marron clowns in the same tank unless they are a mated pair mate yes im back to sunny scotland

I thought this, but got told different on another forum. I mean, they must be ok as how do they turn to a mated pair?

YF, it really does depend on how old the clowns are and what size they are - if one is left in a tank by themself it will become a female. If there is little size difference and they are not tiny juvies then you are asking for trouble< i wouldn't try it with two similar sized maroon clowns unless they were tiny juvies

Seffie x

cant put to marron clowns in the same tank unless they are a mated pair mate yes im back to sunny scotland

Welcome home matey..hope the tanks are ok and that the move goes smootjly..

sorry for the hi jack yf

Yf..sell yers and buy a pair off craig...sorted !!!,lol.....

new house is great lost a few corals and chevron tang but that was it nothing serious and trying to get a job right now i have got to interviews to thursday so hope get something or i mite just open a fish shop lol sorry to hijack

Most reactions

Back