Angry Dog

What's not going to happen? The Dog needs to know who's boss, don't reward the bad behavior with treats, if the dog does something that you want it to do, give it a treat, it will soon associate the treat with good behavior, once it gets the hang of doing whatever this thing is that you've been rewarding it for, stop giving the treats and it should keep the behavior up.

If a dog ever bites me I hit it on the nose, first of all it will back off, secondly it wont do it again.

That's just a ridiculous way if disciplining a dog (the smack on the nose), firstly if the dog is aggressive it can and probably will retaliate and try an assert dominance with a bite, secondly if the dog is nervous/insecure you will just make the problem escalate and make things a whole lot worse.

To the OP, whats the actual behaviour?, is it aggression or just bountiful playing or boisterous? or is it just chewing things and running amuck?.

Not a fan of little yap yap dogs lol but she is quite cute :)
I don't mean that in a disciplinary way, if I'm out and a dog randomly bites me I'm not going to sit there and take it.

Eating cat food has nothing to do with being starved by a previous owner, it's your dog saying 'this is mine, and I eat it'. I have dealt with a dog that was like this, and that was his thing. He owned the house, not the cat, not the humans. You need to enforce actual rules, or it's only going to get worse.

Don't just think, 'that's how she is'. No, it's that 'that is what she can get away with'. Personally, I think dogs should be on the bottom of the totem pole in a household. Not because I don't like them, but because that's how it should be. My dog should behave around everyone, regardless. I should be able to leave a plate of food on the floor and not have to worry about them sniffing at it, let alone eating it. I definetly should not be bitten by my dog.

Can you give us a general rundown of your house rules, the rules she follows, the ones she doesn't (and how you react to it), how she acts with strangers, other dogs, cats... How often does she get exercise? How does she do outside of the house (park, pet store, walks...)?

Well we don't have rules in our house.
She loves my Cat its a shame the Cat doesn't feel the same way :lol:
Great with strangers.
Barks at dogs.
Barks,Chases other cats
When someone wants to take her out, we don't have like a routine

i have a dog kinda like millie but we don't punish it and dogs should be very inportant in family life if u just neglect it and ignor it then it's more likley to bite u to get some attention

Sorry to say but you are asking for trouble. Discipline does not require hitting, smacking, or otherwise mistreating animals, but dogs like children, need direction and to know what is wrong. I do not understand why people allow small dogs to get away with that behavior. I hope you do not allow small children to ever ever come near your dog. Or anyone else for that matter. Small dogs CAN and DO cause damage same as big dogs. Hopefully your dog will never have to suffer the consequences of your irresponsibility in allowing her to get away with bad behavior.

Good luck.
Shelby

Most reactions

Back