Angels

You can't until they breed, then you can tell by the vents or watch which lays the eggs etc.

It has more to do with age than size. A properly cared for angel will show some pairing behavior around 9 months, though that is just an average. Some start a little earlier, actual spawning begins closer to 1 year of age.

It has more to do with age than size. A properly cared for angel will show some pairing behavior around 9 months, though that is just an average. Some start a little earlier, actual spawning begins closer to 1 year of age.
ok will watch out for that then......... if mine do spawn what do i do with the eggs etc ?

ok will watch out for that then......... if mine do spawn what do i do with the eggs etc ?

It depends on what you can do with the fry. If you have someplace to sell or give away 300 small angels, and have time, space, and money to set up & run another 200 gallons of tank space, you can either see if the parents rase the fry, which is rather rare, or you can pull the spawn, & hatch it out in a seperate tank.

If you can't do all of these, pull out the object they have spawned on, and rinse it off in the sink.

It depends on what you can do with the fry. If you have someplace to sell or give away 300 small angels, and have time, space, and money to set up & run another 200 gallons of tank space, you can either see if the parents rase the fry, which is rather rare, or you can pull the spawn, & hatch it out in a seperate tank.

If you can't do all of these, pull out the object they have spawned on, and rinse it off in the sink.
i will be keepin the babys as got quite a few lfs that will buy from me when i tank the spawn out of that tank or would it be ok to place in a breeder net in same tank how do i look after em ?

Forget breeder nets, there is no possible way they will work with angels. I am not kidding about 200 gallons of tank space. Plan on a little extra beyond that, or have spare room & tanks, or other suitable containers ready to use. You will need the filters & heaters for these tanks as well.

So that I don't have to wear my fingers to the bone typing, check out http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=96104

Forget breeder nets, there is no possible way they will work with angels. I am not kidding about 200 gallons of tank space. Plan on a little extra beyond that, or have spare room & tanks, or other suitable containers ready to use. You will need the filters & heaters for these tanks as well.

So that I don't have to wear my fingers to the bone typing, check out http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=96104
ok ty for that will have a look now

Most reactions

Back