Angels n gouramies

Tyler777

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Some of you told me last week that in a tank you can have only 1 species of gouramies n other people told me that gouramies and angels might fight with each other.
In my still cycling 46 G tank I have 2 angels n 1 red dwarf gouramie n a blue cobalt gouramie.
They never fought or chased each other ( so far ) they always stay away from each other.
The only problem is that the red dwarf gouramie bullies n chase the blue one which whoever told me only 1 species of gouramie per tank was right.
I watched videos on YouTube with angels swimming in the same tank with gold gouramies, the long blue spotted houramie n dwarf gouramies all together with no aggression, I'm thinking maybe in those 3 mins video they behave n after the camera was off they started killing each other ... 😆

Is there any gouramie that might be good mate with angels in a community tank ? And is there any 2 species of gouramies that can get along in the same tank ,?
And getting along with angels all together in the same tank ?

I read online bout angels n gouramies getting along but I dunno who wrote the article n if the author might own a fish store n tell you that so u buy his fish.
So I decided to ask you guys bcause I'm sure some of u had em together n have experience n knowledge bout what to do n say plus u guys are not trying to sell me fish or anything so I trust u guys

All labyrinth fishes (Bettas & gouramis) are territorial and will fight if there's too many fish or too many labyrinth species in the area. This is why you only keep one species per tank.

The two dwarf gouramis you have (red & blue striped) and cobalt blue are probably both males, which is why one chases the other. They are fighting over territory. When fish fight over territory it isn't always full on teeth in each other ripping out chunks of flesh. With some species it's constant intimidation and bullying, which gradually weakens one fish and it eventually dies. It's like being bullied in school. Some big scumbag picks on you all the time and eventually they just look at you and you stress out. Same deal with fish and animals. If they are confined to a small enclosure with nowhere to get away, they die from stress.

Small species of gourami like the dwarf or thick lipped gouramis are ok with angelfish if the tank has enough room and floating plants. But you want to avoid bigger gouramis and aggressive species of gourami.

All labyrinth fishes (Bettas & gouramis) are territorial and will fight if there's too many fish or too many labyrinth species in the area. This is why you only keep one species per tank.

The two dwarf gouramis you have (red & blue striped) and cobalt blue are probably both males, which is why one chases the other. They are fighting over territory. When fish fight over territory it isn't always full on teeth in each other ripping out chunks of flesh. With some species it's constant intimidation and bullying, which gradually weakens one fish and it eventually dies. It's like being bullied in school. Some big scumbag picks on you all the time and eventually they just look at you and you stress out. Same deal with fish and animals. If they are confined to a small enclosure with nowhere to get away, they die from stress.

Small species of gourami like the dwarf or thick lipped gouramis are ok with angelfish if the tank has enough room and floating plants. But you want to avoid bigger gouramis and aggressive species of gourami.
I have a 75 G tank to set up for them but I saw a 125 G at petsmart that I really like n I'm gonna buy sp I think there would b enuff room for everybody

I have a 75 G tank that I was going to set up but now I decided to buy a 125 G I saw that I like so there will b enuff room for everybody.
Would these two get along with each other ?

Attachments

• th-18.jpeg
    th-18.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 21
  • gourami_fish_16-768x768.jpg
    gourami_fish_16-768x768.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 19

Most reactions

Back