Angelfish weird behavior

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
As you guys who answered my thread before know that i have ruthless female angel (eg killing male and killing other fish) i quarantined my angel in 15 gal tank with lots of pond snail. The story is 2 month later (today) she scratch her side and doing weird stuff like swimming everywhere like crazy and not eating please help.

Last edited:
If you need help with a sick fish, we need pictures and a short video so we can see if the fish has any injuries.

The following link has information about what to do if your fish get sick. It's long and boring but worth knowing.

If you need help with a sick fish, we need pictures and a short video so we can see if the fish has any injuries.

The following link has information about what to do if your fish get sick. It's long and boring but worth knowing.
@Colin_T Thanks Colin, why don't you write a book I have to say your writing is really good.

it's a really small tank and she can see her reflection on the bottom.

put a thin layer of dark sand or gravel on the bottom and give her a bigger tank.

it's a really small tank and she can see her reflection on the bottom.

put a thin layer of dark sand or gravel on the bottom and give her a bigger tank.
I move her to this tank because her killing male, she been in this tank for 3 month and have no problem now she just not eating. Can I put her in swordtail tank? Will she bite them?

What size tank is the sword tail tank?
I move her to this tank because her killing male, she been in this tank for 3 month and have no problem now she just not eating. Can I put her in swordtail tank? Will she bite them?

This angelfish is having problems, she is stressed, that is clear from her bahaviour in this video and your information. Definitely put in some darkish sand for a substrate, this is very important for all fish not only for the glass reflection (this is highly stressful as it is not natural) but also the lack of the bacteria bed (the substrate is much more important than a filter for bacteria). Obviously you cannot put her in with other angelfish because of her aggressiveness. This happens.

How would it help to move her from a 15 gallon tank alone to another 15 gallon with other fish that she will probably kill if she already is known to?
I think my swordtail tank is a bit bigger

This angelfish is having problems, she is stressed, that is clear from her bahaviour in this video and your information. Definitely put in some darkish sand for a substrate, this is very important for all fish not only for the glass reflection (this is highly stressful as it is not natural) but also the lack of the bacteria bed (the substrate is much more important than a filter for bacteria). Obviously you cannot put her in with other angelfish because of her aggressiveness. This happens.
@Byron update: i moved her to 55 gallons tank with male angels (her enemies) she just not aggressive anymore like she uses to and not eating. though all angel in the tank scare of her.

Most reactions

Back