Angel Fry

2pods

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
It's not a great picture but here are my two angels who are not much bigger than 50p pieces with their third lot of fry.

angelfry01.jpg

Peter

2pods,

They are cute frys and proud parents I see. Congratulation. Are you feeding BBS?
BTW, what is the size of 50p piece? (We yankys can't figure out the size of 50p. Could you tell me the parents size by the inches or cm. I can figure cm, I think. :lol: )

Peter you might lose the fry in the gravel once they start to swim..They seem to burrow into the gravel which suffocates them... :eek: Hopefully you will save some though..xx

Peter you might lose the fry in the gravel once they start to swim..They seem to burrow into the gravel which suffocates them... :eek: Hopefully you will save some though..xx

Heather
didn't know about the burrowing, I'll try and keep them out of it.

Neoncory

Yes, they're enjoying their bbs :nod:
I think a fifty pence is about an inch and a half ? :unsure:

Peter

It's amazing how all fry look the same until a certain age regardless of species. Even, betta and livebearer fry look the same as cichlid fry until they grow up. And its hard to imagine that those fry will eventually lok like an angelfish... It's amazing how nature works itself out :D.

Both babies and parents look great! :good:

Edit: Just realized this was my 1000 post... YAY!!! :shout: :yahoo: :hooray:

It's amazing how all fry look the same until a certain age regardless of species. Even, betta and livebearer fry look the same as cichlid fry until they grow up. And its hard to imagine that those fry will eventually lok like an angelfish... It's amazing how nature works itself out :D.

Both babies and parents look great! :good:

Edit: Just realized this was my 1000 post... YAY!!! :shout: :yahoo: :hooray:

Thanks, and congratulations :good:

I've just remembered the parents were only bought about just after Christmas, when they were really small.
I have got other Angels, but none of them have produced anything except once some eggs on a filter

Peter

That's awesome. I've always wanted to spawn angels, but I would want to get them young get like 5-6 and then rehome after 2 pair off, but my lfs want anything from $7-$10+ for one. So that's $50 and the lfs won't give me nowhere near that back in value of the fish so I'd be out... once I get a tank set up and aside for them, then I'll look around for people who breed them and willing to ship in the US as I'm sure they would want less for them than my lfs :lol:.

Edit: Oh and thanks for the congrats! :D

Most reactions

Back