Angel Fish

King

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i wanted to see if anyone had any info on angel fish. i am considering doing angels in my 55 and read that they need to "pair" up and all this. i was thinking of doing 6 of them. i have alot of the fish in the 55 gal re-homed and ready for something that will grow halfway big and look good in it and i have always liked the angels. only thing that will remain in that tank with them is 6 pictus catfish, 12 red tetras (too big to eat lol), and a big pleco. any advice???

What are the dimensions, again? Angels do best in tanks which are 2 ft tall because if they have the space, they will grow a good 10-12" tip to tip of fins tall.

6+ angels should be ok in a 4+ ft tank, in a shorter tank, there is not enough space for 4 to get away if two pair up. If you want to be completely sure that a group of angels won't fight, even if a couple pair up, then a 6*2*2 ft tank is what you need, but that will take 10 or more angels without problems.

Angels are, in my experience, a very social fish, so they do best in groups of 6+.

If you do not have the space for 6 fish, one or a pair (a pair is not the same as two fish of the same species) is the best option, but I would not keep them on their own like that.

IF i do angels they are going in a 4ft 55gal with basically just some pictus catfish, red minor tetras, and a big pleco. i wasnt sure if you had to have males or females or pairs or what. just trying to get more info to base my decision on :good: anyone else know about angels?

Most reactions

Back