Angel Fish With Mystery Illness

cheddargremlin

Reaction score
I have found a picture as I am unable to download my own, my angel fish has an illness that is exactly the same as this, does anyone know what it might be?
all water readings are normal and doing partial water changes regularly
thanks

Attachments

• angel with sore.jpg
    angel with sore.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 63
Hole In The Head (HITH): This is a common disease among larger Cichlids such as Severums and especially...Oscars. It appears as small holes on the face and around the eyes, that may have a white material growing inside them.

SymptomsIt appears as small holes on the face and around the eyes, that may have a white material growing inside them. Loss of appetite and whitish feces are another indication that may appear before the development of the holes.

Treatmeant A range of medication including Aquarium Pharmaceuticals-General Cure, Aquatronics- Hex-a-Mit, Aquatronics- Hex-A-Vital (especially for Discus, Angelfish and Oscars)

Make sure water quality is perfect, so change the water regularly. Feeding vitamin-enriched foods with a high vitamin-C content. Will also help, I myself havnt dealt with this disease Becasue I don't keep the fish that commonly get it, so I can't help with meds

It was suggested to me by an experienced member on the forum that for treatment of HITH, you can soak the pellets in children's liquid vitamins. This on top of clean water will help heal your fish

Most reactions

Back