Angel Fish Missing Whiskers?

omega59

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
One of my angel fish seems to not be growing its lower front whiskers. I see something there but it is not growing. I got him like this and it is about 4 months now and no change. He is growing like the others just no whisker. Is he gonna be okay??

sorry, i have 4 angels in total with some guppies and cory doras. i dont see how any of these fish would attack the little guy as well. could it be a born defect, as long as he is healthy i dont mind. it just seemed odd LOL.

One of my angel fish seems to not be growing its lower front whiskers. I see something there but it is not growing. I got him like this and it is about 4 months now and no change. He is growing like the others just no whisker. Is he gonna be okay??

sorry, i have 4 angels in total with some guppies and cory doras. i dont see how any of these fish would attack the little guy as well. could it be a born defect, as long as he is healthy i dont mind. it just seemed odd LOL.
Since when do angel fish have whiskers o_O
Do you mean the pelvic fins?
I have heard of a jaguar cichlid that hatched without pelvic fins so it could be a defect. (if you're talking the Pelvic fins)

Sometimes Angels are born without one or both of the pelvic fins. It is a defect, but doesn't seem to affect them in any way. Am sure it will be fine. :good:

yes the ventral fin is missing. they are just tiny tiny stumps awww. will it grow?

ohhh, he was a lone baby in the pet store tank when i got him. he was less than 1 inch. since then he is now atleast 2 inches.. he is well taken care of :D

Most reactions

Back