Angel Fish Fry!!!

Reaction score
Hello All :D

Well as you may know I got some unexpected angel spawning in my cube tank the other day. See topic and photos here. Not a good time as I had just bought discus :blink: . Anyways, I never expected the eggs to last, after what I read on the net and all the bad experiences people had. However, I wanted to leave the angels to it for as long as I could.

So, I got wrigglers and today I decided I had to move them to the 40l tank because the discus needed more space.

So here's the 40l tank as it is for the fry...

Fry_Tank_-_16.jpg

There is a small internal filter in there but I have put tights over it to stop the fry getting sucked into it (I don't think they would have because one was right beside it without problems, but better safe than sorry).

Here's some pics of the fry. They are not totally free swimming yet and seem to have clumped together in a wriggling pile on the bottom :wub:

I don't know how many there are but it's a lot!! :nod:

Fry_3_-_16.jpg

Fry_2_-_16.jpg

Fry_-_16.jpg

Well, I just thought I would share that with you!! Thanks for all your help, I will keep you updated on the fry's development.

:fish: Dana :fish:

bunjiweb said:
Aww!!!

Looks like a pile of dirt to me, How do we know we can trust you!

Only kidding ;)

Ben
Grrrrrr :devil:

Wanna take this outside?!! Well, punk? Do ya? Hmmmmmmm? No? Well, I'll continue...

The black bits are their eyes. They have very big eyes for such ickle creatures!

:p

I've been lurking along following your saga. I know it was unexpected but I still think it's really cool. I'm glad they're doing OK and I hope they and the discus like their new homes :)

congrats cheese :D

my angels are getting ready to spawn again, the female is being such a bully!!
And she is very fat.

But as i sont have any where to put them they will be eatin again :(
oh well.

I hope everything goes fine for you :D

Thanks for the comments guys. They seem to be doing well today. Many of them are up and about and swimming against the glass.

I'll post more pics later. :)

Oh and good luck with the spawning, fallen angel. :nod:

Most reactions

Back