anenome

smellyangryman

Moved On
Reaction score
Are there any anenome that is "nano" safe?
I just red up on Domino damsel's and they live in them, and i also have a clown fish. It would be cool seeing them both in there.
Are there any types i can get that dont need strong lights?
My mate kept them for a year or 2 and said he didnt have powerful lights and it was fine.

S.A.M.

Please update your profile with your tank stats. I really can;t answer you because I don't know whether you have a ten gallon or 30 gallon Nano.

However, my initial answer is a resounding "sorry. bad idea". I say this because you would be fortunate to have an anemone live in a nano environment. And if you did get one that thrived, it would soon grow too large to be safe. A true catch22 for the most part.

GL

Well will my Clownfish go in anything another than anenomes?
I got some coral, will it go in that? does it have to have an anenome?

smellyangryman said:
Well will my Clownfish go in anything another than anenomes?
I got some coral, will it go in that? does it have to have an anenome?
some go in leather corals

Attachments

• fish_clean_out_019.jpg
    fish_clean_out_019.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 48
definately not an anemone in your nano. Also.. a domino damsel grows very large... far too big for a tank of your size. They also get very aggressive so it could end up bullying or even killing the clowns. with a tank of your size (10 gallon i believe? ) you are looking at gobies and blennies as the largest fish to be honest.

its 15 gal.
grrr that sucks! i took my Other damsel back to get this one and they said it would grow past 1-2inches.
They will not let me take it back.

OK very first topic on a google search gives this....

Domino Damsel

5 inches mx size and 50 gallons minimum tank size.

That may be but i have seen damels well over 4"

No damsel is safe in a nano tank. To even contemplate keeping one in a nano with other fish is asking for trouble. Even the websites you have shown me say these fish are aggressive and get worse as they grow. It also mentions that they have no fear of fish far larger than themselves.. This is true as i have seen them attack and fend off large triggers. So if you intend keeping a damsel in such cramped conditions expect it to own the tank and any fish added after its inclusion is going to be killed.

Im sorry if this isnt giving you the answers you wanted, unfortunately you can hunt the entire web and find a page that eventually says its "ok" and if that is what you want then feel free to follow that advice. You asked an opnion on this fourm, i have given mine Im sure many others will gives theirs too. Feel free to choose which one most fits your needs.

I guess i just want to find that one site that says its okay. Basicly cos i cant take it back. What should i do with it? they wont let me take it back.
I dont get it but my clown fish and the damsel never leave each others side. They are both very small.
Thanks for your advice man!
I just dont know what i am gonna do with it

This one goes beyond what navarre believed and says 6" max size for domino damsels:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di....cfm?pCatId=102

Hear me now and believe me later.... damsels get to be a GIANT pain in the butt. They start off cute and nice, but over time (and that time can be as little as 2 weeks, as it was in my case) they get aggressive and mean. I had a blue damsel that would harass anything and everything in my tank.... including hermit crabs, snails, and zoanthids.

Yo....besides all the other comments...look at the last line of SAM's web page....what was it..UNDETERRED BY ANY OTHER FISH???? NANO REEFS ARE SENSITIVE SYSTEMS...THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AS REGULAR REEF SYSTEMS. You can't overstock...you can't get 3-5 inch fish...unless they are the only ones in the tank.....you can't put overly aggressive fish in there. Damsels are WELL KNOWN TO BE AGGRESSIVE. There really is..and maybe only ....one safe damsel, relatively speaking, for a nanoand that is the yellowtail damsel. SH

Guys did you not read what i wrote?
You dont need to convice me, i need to get rid of it, i just dont know how.
He already a pain!

Most reactions

Back