An odd visit to pet store.

cometcattle

Go Hawks!
Reaction score
Today while browsing the fish at my Petsmart I saw something pretty cool. They have a beautiful pair of Texas Cichlids that had a not 4 sale sign on the tank. Upon closer inspection, I noticed about 8 fry swimming in the tank. The employee said the parents were doing a great job raising them. :cool:
My mood changed a bit because as I was talking to her, one of the Silver Hatchets she was bagging for a customer lept out of the little plastic container, bounced once on the floor, then was promptly swallowed by my dog. :eek: The employee was apologizing to me and I was apologizing to the customer. The customer replied " Well, I dont think I want that one."
I felt awful. The poor fish went from going home, to a snack for a cattle dog. The customer then told us that her lab once ate three large koi out of a friends pond.
What a strange pet store visit.

lol awww wow that would be sooo horible. its kinda funny though not that i like seeing things die or any thing but its shure is ironic.

oh dear......not a good day!!!!
ps: fishaholic i LOVE your avatar.........are they your gorgeous cats???

Well I kinda of have a story like that. I got 2 clonw loaches and after a day 1, one was missing. i looked all over and then on the back of the tank I saw water splashes.... Yes... ol' rover ate my loach.

sorry nina 7777- i just realised im a fishaholic too but i just love that picture of your cats it is just beautiful!!!tell me more about them please ( im a cat mad person who sadly cant have a cat at the moment cos of my living restictions- not allowed/1st floor flat/ would have to build an outdoor ramp or put in 4 yes 4 cat flaps for a cat to get back in to our home :( etc etc)
sorry other people i know this is nothing to do with the original post :D

Most reactions

Back