Amano shrimp on back of larger amano

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
My latest purchase were 2 snowball amano shrimp. They are the biggest shrimp in the tank. I noticed tonight a smaller amano on the big one's back? And also there were 3-4 amanos hovering around the big snowball shrimp. Does anyone know what this means?

Adults only. I assume they were breeding but need pictures to confirm. However, since this is a family friendly website and I get busted for saying bottom, it might not be a good idea to post x rated pictures of shrimp doing rudies :)

Adults only. I assume they were breeding but need pictures to confirm. However, since this is a family friendly website and I get busted for saying bottom, it might not be a good idea to post x rated pictures of shrimp doing rudies :)
Ok-i'll keep details decent ☺️would a smaller amano breed with a larger snowball amano. ?
Trying to keep this clean- ummm-it didn't appear things were lined up properly-of course i can't say i've looked for "the parts ". Amanos aren't supposed to breed easily 🤷‍♀️

Ok-i'll keep details decent ☺️would a smaller amano breed with a larger snowball amano. ?
Trying to keep this clean- ummm-it didn't appear things were lined up properly-of course i can't say i've looked for "the parts ". Amanos aren't supposed to breed easily 🤷‍♀️
From what I understand, amanos will breed just fine in tanks. I've seen berried amanos in pure freshwater. It's just that their larvae require brackish water to survive, which is why you never actually get any babies.

🙂
From what I understand, amanos will breed just fine in tanks. I've seen berried amanos in pure freshwater. It's just that their larvae require brackish water to survive, which is why you never actually get any babies.
Ok- thanks. My niece has red ones( not sure what the name is). She gets a lot of babies. 🙂

I had never seen or heard of these... my 1st www. search of snowball was a white neocaridina shrimp... not an Armano...
but then I found these... is this what you have???

My latest purchase were 2 snowball amano shrimp. They are the biggest shrimp in the tank. I noticed tonight a smaller amano on the big one's back? And also there were 3-4 amanos hovering around the big snowball shrimp. Does anyone know what this means?
An Amano is an Amano even if a different color and males are smaller than females.

I had never seen or heard of these... my 1st www. search of snowball was a white neocaridina shrimp... not an Armano...
Yes. And i did buy then at Aquatic arts - where the picture is from.
I haven't read about aggressive behavior berween freahwater
yes that's what i have. Bo
yes

yes
I was having

yes
soory for duplicate reply attempts. Was having trouble with words disappearing. 😞

Most reactions

Back