Amano Aquascaping Demonstration

Would be nice to see something like that. Bit of a dodgy jacket mind.

Of course, setting a tank up that quickly helps with whatever plants you might want or need ready to hand.

Secondly, helps with having lovely bits of wood picked out prior, plus all the assistants hanging around...

I am just being cynical, really :D

Off topic but could you send me a link to the pollen glass? I want to see if it's the same one I'm after...

cheers

*ingore that just checked it out*

nice one mate

Would be nice to see something like that. Bit of a dodgy jacket mind.

Yeah, what decade was Mr. Amano growing up in? Besides, how can you setup stuff in long-sleaves?

He had like 50 people helping him. I'm impressed. That would have bothered me having all those people around me while I was setting up. No wonder he was drinking.

Cool seeing Tom Barr too. In sunglasses no less. 8) Why wear sunglasses indoors? Never understood that.

That was a great photo spread oldwhitewood, very inspiring. I really liked how he divided substrates, very useful to know. That will help with my 20g. Thanks for posting the link.

llj :)

I saw a similar demonstration linked in Walter's Discus. One of the onlookers commented on how quickly the tank was planted. Amano said it usually takes many hours to do the job right and then said if any of his employees planted a tank that quickly they would be fired. I wish I had his gift.

Mark

:nod: you guys are dissing Amano's jacket, it is actually a waterproof plastic thing a bit like a big bag, he uses this when setting up tanks and doing demonstrations to stop his clothes getting wet. Seriously I am not kidding here that is what he uses!

:nod: you guys are dissing Amano's jacket, it is actually a waterproof plastic thing a bit like a big bag, he uses this when setting up tanks and doing demonstrations to stop his clothes getting wet. Seriously I am not kidding here that is what he uses!

Why doesn't he just wear short sleaves? Ooops! Sorry, he's a man! Amano in a wife-beater tank top giving a planting demonstrations wouldn't exactly be professional, would it? :lol:

That's a novel idea then. Smart thinking! Thanks for clearing that up oldwhitewood.

llj :D

It's a good idea innit? I guess if you are doing these presentations in front of people then posing for photographs and answering questions from a panel etc you don't want to have wet shirt sleeves and bits of moss and plant all over you.

There was some intersting things seid in that site, i had a look at the 2001 and 2004 slide show.

I was suprised to read that Mr Amano only puts the metal halide part of his lamps on for only a short period of time, i would of thought they would be on for most if not all of the time.

The other thing i found intersting was he seid

*keep the temperature at 22ºC during the first week, then raise to 25ºC.
*do not add any CO2 for the first week
*allow the plants 2-3 days to recover
*in two months, begin adding liquid fertilizer
*after first week, add cleaner fish: (10 ottocinclus, 20-30 caridina japonica shrimp)
*after one month add main fish: (100 cardinal tetras)

Like wow, in two months start adding liquid fertilizer :eek: Wow man tips or what!

Perhaps with all the Powersoil type products they use :dunno:

Most reactions

Back