Am I Fully Stocked?

AngKat

Reaction score
I have a 54L tank 4 male guppies, 2 female balloon mollies and 1 male platy. Am I fully stocked or over stocked? There is so much conflicting info, I'm confused!!

i was told in the LFS 60L would hold about 10-15 fish...i know others on here say different...but given the types of fish you have...i wouldnt get any more, purely as they will soon start to have babies :)

1 guy in the fish shop told me about 20 fish in my tank another guy in the same shop told me 60!!! I already have about 60 fry as I accidentally bought pregnant balloon mollies. I'm not keeping them though. I don't have males and females of the same kind of fish, they wouldn't inter breed would they???

I geuss your fully stocked. What are you going to do with the fry?

Probably give them to the lfs. A couple of friends want a few too

id say youd be safe with 10-20 fish... but its all about your water / if the fish have space if your waters spot on then you could probably add another if there not getting to cramped...

id say your over stocked with 60 odd fry if your going to grow them in that tank...

no clean up crew?

Oh, I know they can store sperm. Any more fry will also be donated.

I know I'm waaaay over stocked with the fry, but I'm not Keeping them too much longer and I won't get any more fish till theyre gone.

What do you mean by clean up crew?

like plecs / shrimp... there use full to keep algae down and also eat left over fish food...

I thought my tank was too small for plecs? No shrimp either. Wouldn't they just take up space?

I have a Fluval U2 internal filter. I did have the U3 but found the current too strong

i wouldn't add anything either but say a fish died... (hope it doesn't) you should look into shrimps / small types of plecs. just to help out cleaning it a little =]

Plecos are very messy and make more mess than they actually clean up to be honest. Since you have a small tank, and if you want a "cleaning crew", look into getting an oto or a siamese algae eater.

iv got oto's and there still plecs great little guys i love them to bits =]

Most reactions

Back