Am I Doing Anything Wrong

I'd always buy a tank - that way you get a guarantee!. Doesn't cost so much, my Clearseal 4ft was around £45 and it came with a five year guarantee. Just make sure you get a cabinet made for the job - NOT an MFI special!.

have a read of the link in my sig 'step by step guide to setting up an aquarium' which goes through the pro's and con's of the different types of set up's :good:

there's another link in my sig 'guide to stocking lists' which will help you work out how many fish are suitable for the new tanka dn how to work out which fish are compatible

hope that helps

:good:

If you mean actually silicone the glass together then that's your choice. I'm not experienced with that but I'm sure you'd find plenty of members that are over in the hardware section.

If you just mean whether to buy a kit with all the additional accessories along with the tank then that's a personal choice too, as there are some on here who have some quite nice setups where most of it all comes as one kit. Personally I really wanted and enjoyed researching and picking out my own choices for filter, heater, etc. and I happen to think you can really fine tune things better that way if you have the information to go on.

~~waterdrop~~

Thnks for the help waterdrop. I did mean should i actually build my tank from scratch, silicone and all. Thanks for the insight into the heater and filter choices. I think i'll do my research a bit more and buy seperate than a kit.

I'd always buy a tank - that way you get a guarantee!. Doesn't cost so much, my Clearseal 4ft was around £45 and it came with a five year guarantee. Just make sure you get a cabinet made for the job - NOT an MFI special!.

Like it. Guarantee !!! never thought of that. :good: Where would you say is the best place to buy ?

have a read of the link in my sig 'step by step guide to setting up an aquarium' which goes through the pro's and con's of the different types of set up's :good:

there's another link in my sig 'guide to stocking lists' which will help you work out how many fish are suitable for the new tanka dn how to work out which fish are compatible

hope that helps

:good:

Thanks for the help. Will take a look at the links.

Most reactions

Back