Allpondsolutions.co.uk 4Ft Fish Tank

leecasey

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm thinking about purchasing this fish tank http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cabinet-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Tropical-120cm-4ft-330L-New-/310214285871?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&var=&hash=item8e070ba105#ht_3718wt_911

it seems a really good deal, but I'm a bit concerned on quality as it is so cheap. Has anyone seen one of these in person?

And the filtration is in the lid? anyone seen or heard anything about this before as it's new to me.

Thanks
Lee

Hi everyone. I'm thinking about purchasing this fish tank http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cabinet-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Tropical-120cm-4ft-330L-New-/310214285871?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&var=&hash=item8e070ba105#ht_3718wt_911

it seems a really good deal, but I'm a bit concerned on quality as it is so cheap. Has anyone seen one of these in person?

And the filtration is in the lid? anyone seen or heard anything about this before as it's new to me.

Thanks
Lee
The tank is from Allpondsolutions,
check it out.

Thanks
Lee
The tank is from Allpondsolutions,
check it out.

Ummmmmm thanks captain obvious! I've already said its from allpondsolutions.....

I bought that very same tank last friday... IF it ever turns up I'll let you know what I think of it!! I too am slightly worries about quality lol. Also I dont plan on using the supplied lighting or filter system so I wont be able to help you there!

I say IF it ever turnes up.. they say they contact you by phone to arrange a delivery day that convenient.. I paid last friday, and on Monday morning I had an email from them saying they had tried contacting me but couldn't get through, so I gave them my number again and have still heard nothing! If you phone their number, you just get through to an answering machine saying to email them or leave you details for a phonecall back! I've emailed them again this morning, so still waiting for a reply atm!

I bought that very same tank last friday... IF it ever turns up I'll let you know what I think of it!! I too am slightly worries about quality lol. Also I dont plan on using the supplied lighting or filter system so I wont be able to help you there!

I say IF it ever turnes up.. they say they contact you by phone to arrange a delivery day that convenient.. I paid last friday, and on Monday morning I had an email from them saying they had tried contacting me but couldn't get through, so I gave them my number again and have still heard nothing! If you phone their number, you just get through to an answering machine saying to email them or leave you details for a phonecall back! I've emailed them again this morning, so still waiting for a reply atm!

I also tried calling them to ask a few questions but received no reply. I did receive an email from them though when I sent a message via ebay. Yeah if you could let me know what you think of the tank, if it looks cheap, build quality etc that would be very useful. I'm swinging towards paying extra for a Fluval Profile 1200 at the moment but you are talking double the money.

I'll wait on your review though ;) thanks

No worries, would hate for us both to have an awful tank! lol. I've bought mine for marine use, so with all the other epuiptment being so expensive, I decided it was worth a risk to save a few hundred that way! Ive somehow managed to get through £1000 since deciding to go over to the salty side at the weekend.. would have been quite a bit more without this tank.

They did try and phone me this afternoon, but I was driving so couldn't answer, then when I called back there was no answer the first time, and half an hour later it was back to the recorded message, hopefully they will call back tomorrow!

The tank itself should be fine. Almost any tank manufacturer follows the same formula for glass thickness and similar items. The filter would concern me more. If you have no experience, and can't find anyone with experience, with the particular filter, you may or may not have troubles. There are lots of manufacturers these days who place their filter in the hood so that is not a problem in itself. The problem becomes how well the particular filter is laid out. If done well, a filter in the hood can be a beautiful thing but if not done well it can be a disaster.
Please keep us informed on how things go for you.

You could always supplement the integrated filter with one of their APS 2000EF externals, which besides the extra filtration, it might improve water circulation and aeration.

i have tank filters lights from them ever thing has been great very easy to deal with i all ways check there site befor i buy my fish stuff :)

i am thinking about getting one of there 6ft tank at the min to go with the 5.3ft tank i got from them :good:

hope it helps i would buy from them time and time agree !!

I was wondering abut their tanks as well. I was thinking of upgrading and noticed their tanks are very well priced. If you ordered during the January sale you could get a real bargain if the tank is good.

Looking forward to your review on it.

Right, sorry for the delay posting my review... I got a bit carried away getting it setup and completely forgot! lol

So.. as you wuld probably imagine from the price, its not the best tank i've seen, but its also far form the worst! Initially I was a bit disaponted with the build quality of it, the sealant was very messy in places, and there were little bits of it all over the glass that i had to clean off with some good ol' vinegar! The worst looking bit is where they have siliconed the black plastic strip along the bottom of the tank, because the front corners are rounded, it would appear there was quite a gap between the glass, and the plastic after bending it round the corners... so they shoved a load of silicone in to fill the gap - its clear, but also clearly visible!

the front
imogen2.jpg

the back
04042011275.jpg

inside
04042011277.jpg

it hasn't bothered me too much, i've got sand in it which comes to about 5mm above the black strip, it pretty much hides the mess unless you look closely! The good thing is.. it's has 330L of water in it for about a month I think now... and its still in 1 piece!! lol.

I'm not using the built in filter, as I've bought the tank for saltwater - so using live rock for filtration. I did plumb it all in tho just to test it. It seems quite good, but not really sure it would be sufficient if the tank was fully stocked. the hod had 6 compartments, but the water doesn't pass through all of them in turn, theres a spray bar that runs over the top of the compartments, so some water goes in each compartment, through whatever media you have got in there, then theres an outlet on each compartment! I'd have liked to see the water run through each compartment, so you could have different media in each section iykwim? I was impressed with the lack of noise it made tho!

The lights are ok as long as you're using the tank for tropical! I filled the tank with 24c water, and with no heater in there at all, the temp rose to 27c in a couple of hours, and it has stayed there ever since! I'm hoping they will be god enough to keep a few corals! they also have 2 seperate power switches, handy for lighting different colours seperately.

the cabinet.. well, it seems to be holding the weight, which i was a bit worried about!! once we finally got it together that is, same with the filter, if you're the kind of person who relies on clear instructions to assemble things.... I wish you luck lol! A bit of guess work and improvisation is needed here! Over all tho, the cabinet seems to be well made, and fits together nicely. The inside is also covered in a sheet of 'stuff' to stop water seeping into the wood, which i didn't expect for the price tbh! (I did have to paint the door handles tho, they were a lovely fake brass and silver effect - which isn't my kinda thing! lol)

04042011280.jpg

Over all, for the money, I'm pleased with it and am already considering buying one of their biger tanks! It's not comparable to some of the tanks i've seen for sale in my LFS, but.. then you have to consider that the price is also nowhere near comparable either!

hi heavenly, very interested in your update including pics etc. i posted another topic regarding differences in build quality (that no one has replied to :sad:) but i'm wondering if you have any thoughts on your new aquarium compared to say makes like juwel? i have a rio 180 and will be upgrading this year to something around 400 litres so was thinking about the rio 400 (basically a scaled up version of the 180) but it doesn't come cheap especially when married to the matching stand.

have you seen juwel aquariums in the flesh so-to-speak? what do you think of yours compared to other (more expensive) makes? i'll be doing tropical in the bigger aquarium, barebottom, so one thing that concerns me slightly is the look of the silicon finish in your pics. one thing about the juwels is the neat internal finish but i don't know if they're actually any better build quality wise.

would be interested in your thoughts :good:

Most reactions

Back