Alligator Gar

thats nuts...

chicken hearts haha

what a piggy...

yea i bet the aquarium would take it if they had room..

neat lookin bugger tho

good luck

I would feel poorly if I didn't find him a good home. I'm sure something can be arranged.

Attachments

• pleco_mouth.jpg
    pleco_mouth.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 26
I will have the same problem in a few years, i have a 6" gar that was purchased as a spotted gar but i have since identified it as a florida/alligator gar hybrid, the double row of teeth in the snout gave it away. While i will be able to house fish up to around the 2 feet mark which is the average size for a spotted gar there is no way i will ever be able to properly house a fish that can grow to over 6 feet so once mine starts to get a bit more size on it i will have to start looking for a public aquarium to take it from me.

If you had to you could try the people at underwater world in the mall of america they have a large exhibit with just gars, but I don't know if they would take him. He is really cool its to bad they get gigantic.

wow I didnt know they sold those as pets , I can catch them locally out of the river like crazy. I usually catch one every now and again, but they are only like a 1 to feet long at the most. (I do release them back into the waters) :p

wow that is a nice looking fish i can imagine how much you must of wanted him when he was small and how hard it is going to be to get rid of him
total bummer @ least like the others said you are trying to get him a new home
:p

Most reactions

Back