All you betta lovers shall be HAPPY!

Guppy_molly_lover

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have read ALL your posts and seen alot of LOVELY pics of your bettas and i am thinking about getting one today well i am at petsmart getting my other fish! :D

what do you think?

shimanocono said:
Great Idea! What Size Tank You Going To Put It In?
i am thinking about just puting it in a little tank for them! but i might buy a little bigger one for it also!

By little how little you meen, like around 1gallon or those little cups they come in. And I noticed you said put "them" in. Are you planning on getting more then one?

shimanocono said:
By little how little you meen, like around 1gallon or those little cups they come in. And I noticed you said put "them" in. Are you planning on getting more then one?
hum.... i think i will get a one gallon or some thing but i dont think i can get 2 b/c my dad wont let me! :(

EDIT: how about this tank for a betta?
inP020054.jpg

i have one at home now but all 10 two moth old babys are in it for a water change of there tank!

sooo. would it be ok?

I'd have to say no, that's not an appropriate home - betta hexes are very small, really too small IMO. You need a gallon tank to keep the lil guy happy. They're not very expensive at all. :)

I've never had a personal experience with BettaHex's but I've read quit a few things about them NOT being recomended. So I personally would not go with them. A 1gallon tank is cheap and shouldn't cost much at all. That's what I would go with if I couldn't get anything bigger.

shimanocono said:
I've never had a personal experience with BettaHex's but I've read quit a few things about them NOT being recomended. So I personally would not go with them. A 1gallon tank is cheap and shouldn't cost much at all. That's what I would go with if I couldn't get anything bigger.
well can you show me pics and tell me how much it would cost?

Hi Guppy_molly_lover :)

If money is a problem, you can get a nice one gallon mayonnaise jar (pickle jar, etc.) for free from a deli or restaurant. They are usually happy enough to give them away because they just throw them away otherwise. Just tell them what you want it for and they will usually laugh and give you one. ;)

I keep a dwarf african frog in one. (was 2 until one of them disappeared). :-(

Once you get the fish, then you can (maybe) talk your dad into an upgrade. :D

Inchworm said:
Hi Guppy_molly_lover :)

If money is a problem, you can get a nice one gallon mayonnaise jar (pickle jar, etc.) for free from a deli or restaurant. They are usually happy enough to give them away because they just throw them away otherwise. Just tell them what you want it for and they will usually laugh and give you one. ;)

I keep a dwarf african frog in one. (was 2 until one of them disappeared). :-(

Once you get the fish, then you can (maybe) talk your dad into an upgrade. :D
No money is not the problem, its space in my room!
i have a 5 gallon tank for 2 mollys and 10 guppy fry babys
i have a 20g for the rest of my fish like gouramis and zebra danios and guppys
then on a diff dresser:
A bird cage with a bird
crickets for the toad
and a fish tank with a fire belly toad
-_- soooo i dont see were i could put it!
money is NOT the problem b/c i have TONES of money! and i'm only 14 :lol:

in500717.jpg

Thats about 8.99 at pet smart! Cute and convenient!

They also have small 1 gallon glass or plastic fish bowls that a betta would be a happy betta in.

inP028257.jpg

That's about 7.99 at per smart and you'd get alot with it! It's a one gallon bowl. The food, you might wanna get betta bits or pellets.

Well, here. Lots of tanks! <-- those are tanks from pet smart with prices and descriptions. Everything one gallon or above is a really good choice, especially if you have to stay cheap.

Dreaded said:
in500717.jpg

Thats about 8.99 at pet smart! Cute and convenient!

They also have small 1 gallon glass or plastic fish bowls that a betta would be a happy betta in.

inP028257.jpg

That's about 7.99 at per smart and you'd get alot with it! It's a one gallon bowl. The food, you might wanna get betta bits or pellets.

Well, here. Lots of tanks! <-- those are tanks from pet smart with prices and descriptions. Everything one gallon or above is a really good choice, especially if you have to stay cheap.
oOo i love those you showed me! dont werry i still have betta pelits from my last 2 bettas! :D
hum.... i guess i could buy a tank for 7-8 dollers!
how much are bettas? like 1-2 dollers?

I bought my 1st betta for about 2.99, my second for 4.99 and my third for 2.99 so it varys. Depends on where you go and how well taken care of they are. At a FS they are usually more expensive and better quality than a pet store betta, which are less of a priority and less expensive.

Bettas where I live are $3.99 Canadian. Not sure where you live. When you buy the betta go looking around the store for a nice tank chances are they'll have a nice small one. I have a 2.5gallon hexagonal tank for my betta. It's a very good tank in my oppinion! Let us know what your get or what you think you will probably get.

Here's a pic of my 2.5gallon heagonal tank I mentioned.
post-22-1067117927.jpg

ok i will.
and i live in the us : Illinois
and i would get it from petsmart and they arent really good taken care of so they would be cheap..... :D and i would be SAVEING a bettas life!

Most reactions

Back