All Pond Solution Filters

Hi I run the 2000l/hr with uv light on my 400l tank which is situated in the conservatory and it keeps the water crystal clear. Its easy to set up, easy to clean out and maintain, the parts (impellar, uv light etc) are all available from APS and are cheap in comparrison with other makes, the service from APS is great. The filter comes with an optional skimmer, which works great, all in all I cant fault the filter. The intake pipe is nice and long for bigger tanks but comes in sections so it cam be shortened for shorter tanks. I also have a 1200l/hr tetratec (which is what the APS filter is based on by look) and the aps filter is so much better. You also get a good ammount of media with the filter. I have been running mine just over a year now without any problems at all and the uv light lasted 6 months with continuous use.

thanks for getting the info, was hoping to buy this one for my juwel rio 125

My link

will talk nicely to the wife today

cheers

scotty

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Scotty, what fish are in the tank where this new filter is going? Unless you have something that you know will get mega-stressed by current, I would buy the 2000EF model for the extra £15.

The quoted pump turnover is likely to be at least 15% lower in real life situations, once you have media in there ("hamfist" recommends adding some more media along the lines of Eheim's Substrat Pro, by the way) and the filter has been running for a while without renewing media and any sponges weekly, the output will drop. I suspect the 1400 would do well to output just over 1100 litres per hour.

And besides, you can always strategically position the spraybar so that you end up with at least a quarter of the tank in relative calm. ;)

i have apistos,bolivian rams,dwarf pencil fish,tetras and corys,would they be ok?

where do you find the 2000?ef model

cheers

scott

found it thanks

Something I forgot to say earlier is that you can always rotate the spraybar so that there is more vertical direction than horizontal, which would lower the flow and give further air penetration into the water. So something like 5 or 7 o'clock would be perfect for pretty much any fish not keen on stream or river conditions.
good.gif

well just bought the 2000ef of e-bay tonight,but never looked at the measurements,don't think it will fit inside my rio 125 cabinet :lol: :lol:.heres hoping

well i fitted it tonight,what is the best way to position the spraybar?,i have it pointing up the way at the moment.

cheers

scott

I'm hoping to buy this filter in the near future too :good: My dad has the model down running on his 180 ltr and we've not had any problems at all with it. The tank is always fantastically clean, and it's easy to maintain, etc.

If you wouldn't mind, could you let me know how you get on with the 2000EF please? :D

As low as you can get it without it getting clogged or sucking stuff in (like sand)

Have you tried pointing the spraybar exit points at 5 or 7 o' clock, to it aerates the water really well without creating too much lateral flow?
Does the output rate look anything close to 2000 litres per hour?
Do you reckon it came with enough media for the baskets?
What do your fish think so far?
Did you keep your old filter running and place some of its sponges into the 2000EF (in layers first exposed to incoming water) to seed the new filter?

I've got my own filter realted task today, after receiving my 5Kg of Eheim's Substrat Pro for the super price of £31.50 including p&p from Ebay. I need to remove the lower half sponges from my existing Eheim 2078 into the top baskets of my new FX5 (£137.50 bargain on Ebay, new) and then add the Substrat Pro to the lower baskets of both filters, so that the bacterial colonies will migrate across to the new media. After a few weeks, I will have the option of then moving the Eheim back upstairs for the Rio240, as the flow output from the Juwel 1000 pump on the Bio 8 filter is nothing short of pathetic (but that's fine while the Lionhead fry are little, albeit I swear I can see they've grown every day).

Most reactions

Back